Amherst Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2021

3.2
Amherst CEO & Chairman Sean Dobson (no image)
Sean Dobson
  1. "Excellent working environment"

Former Employee - Senior Accountant

I worked at Amherst full-time

Pros

very flexible and great work life balance

Cons

I did not find any negative side as i just worked for a very small duration

February 22, 2021Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with Amherst! We sincerely value your feedback and are glad that you had such a great experience on our team.

"I regret that I joined this company."

1.0
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Amherst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None. No pros at all.

Cons

No life/work balance. Pay is extremely low and working conditions are extremely difficult. Old equipment, the worst IT support on earth. The management is rude beyond belief. They will treat you like a slave. So be prepare for that. Also, the company is rapidly losing clients due to poor service and bad reputation online.

February 26, 2021Recruiting Coordinator

We read every comment, and we are so sorry to hear this is your experience. As a rapidly growing company, we work hard to ensure we have the right practices and resources to maintain our culture of integrity and are committed to investigating any instances of behavior that don’t align with our company values. We’d be grateful if you can provide any additional information that would assist us in looking into and addressing the issues referenced in your review - please contact us confidentially through hr@amherst.com or by calling the Amherst Ethics Hotline at (844) 267-8207.

"Treats employees poorly"

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amherst full-time

Pros

Coworkers I met there were great

Cons

zero support from upper management

February 22, 2021Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I apologize that the culture we strive to achieve was not apparent in your time working with us. Our goal is to create an environment in which our employees exceed and enjoy being part of our team.

4. "Engineer Review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amherst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits and friendly environment

Cons

Steep learning curve as the business is fairly complex

February 22, 2021Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with Amherst! We sincerely value your feedback and are excited that you are having a positive experience in your employment with us.

5. "Join us at Amherst"

Current Employee - Director of Asset Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amherst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collaborative open environment. The company excels at supplying employees the tools to be successful. You have the ability to control your own destiny here!

Cons

Should have applied years ago!

6. COVID-19

"Responding to Amherst is racist post/review - its true also remove whistleblowers"

1.0
    Former Employee - Accountant in Austin, TX

I worked at Amherst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the more i think back the worse this company gets

Cons

too many to list but lets start with the racism and whistleblower issues here

February 22, 2021Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize that COVID resulted in an undesirable outcome for many of our employees. As we continue to navigate as a company, we strive to provide our employees with opportunities in different departments and extended benefits during periods of unemployment. As a rapidly growing company, we work hard to ensure we have the right practices and resources to maintain our culture of integrity and are committed to investigating any instances of behavior that don’t align with our company values. We’d be grateful if you can provide any additional information that would assist us in looking into and addressing the issues referenced in your review - please contact us confidentially through hr@amherst.com or by calling the Amherst Ethics Hotline at (844) 267-8207.

"Victim Advocate"

Current Employee - Assistant Director Victim Witness Advocate in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at Amherst full-time

Pros

Rewarding Work. Advancement opportunities available

Cons

Moderate compensation. Many difficult responsibilities.

February 22, 2021Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide an environment in which we can stay true to our culture and values, in the hopes that our employees will be happy with the position that they are in.

"The most racist company I’ve ever worked for."

2.0
    Former Employee - Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Amherst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great ideas on the real estate markets. You learn a lot! Very fast paced. Good flexibility to work from home for most people. Decent bonuses. Free food.

Cons

Poor work-life balance. If you aren’t one of the good ol’ boys you won’t get promoted or invited to the “right events”. There seem to be salary caps for “some” people, not a position but for some “people”. Very little direction as to where the company is truly going. Direction changes like the wind. They move people like pawns to work for different managers and divisions very frequently (doesn’t matter if that’s not what you signed up for). So prepare for the rollercoaster. It’s okay to make racist and insensitive jokes. There is a clear divide when it comes to racial barriers. There is very subtle discrimination amongst classes, sexes and races of people.

January 12, 2021Main Street Renewal

We take your concerns very seriously. Amherst has a value-driven culture, led by integrity – we always strive to do the right thing, the right way, and be accountable for our actions. Our culture values inclusion and we want our employees to feel recognized, fairly treated, and respected. We are glad to hear that you learned a lot while here, enjoyed the opportunity to work from home, and appreciated our vision for the real estate industry. As a rapidly growing company, we work hard to ensure we have the right practices and resources to maintain our culture of integrity and are committed to investigating any instances of behavior that don’t align with our company values. We’d be grateful if you can provide any additional information that would assist us in looking into and addressing the issues referenced in your review - please contact us confidentially through hr@amherst.com or by calling the Amherst Ethics Hotline at (844) 267-8207.

9. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amherst full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good compensation, healthcare coverage and so on.

Cons

A little tight project schedule

February 22, 2021Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working with Amherst! We sincerely value your feedback and are glad that you are having a positive experience on our team.

10. "Very entrepreneurial and motivating environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amherst full-time

Pros

The culture is very much built on merit and skill. If you can prove your worth and take the lead on important tasks you can go far. The hierarchy is very open, with noone off limits or restrictive to talk to.

Cons

If you aren't good at what you do, it is not be a company where you can just skate by. You have to deliver on your role.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 English Reviews