Amnesty International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amnesty International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was very casual and unintimidating. The first part was done as a group interview and then afterward each interviewee was called in individually. The questions were very straightforward.

It was clear that the interviewer was passionate about what Amnesty International stands for. If you are applying for this job, you should show a genuine interest in human rights, as this was a main focus in the interview.

It seemed as though everyone was told whether they got an offer on the spot in their individual interview.

Field Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International (San Jose, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was laid-back and casual. The questions were not hard at all. Mostly personal questions about hobbies and passions. They also talked about the company, how they got started and what their goal is.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick, easy and painless. Basically went over the duties of canvassing and laid out the training schedule and pay scale timeline. The canvassing director was nice and direct. Offer was given on the spot.

Field Assistant Interview

Interview

Great interview. Easygoing. Very clear about expectations and quotas. $13/hr is only during two weeks of training. Within three most of experience time you get paid more, and after three months there's great chances of growing within. Pay attention to the information that's given to you. Many reviews were negative because people don't listen. Like any other job, you have to put WORK into it.

Americas(Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. There was just one interview and they'll tell you pretty quickly whether or not you get the internship. Depending on the region you're interested in applying for, the interviewer may test your language skills.

Campaign, Projects and Networks Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was in person, it was a group interview. It was easy, the interviewer would ask one question so everyone had a chance to answer. At the end I realized that they need people for a street campaign, so it wasn't something I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Choose one human right which is the most important for you   Answer Question

I didn't like the idea to work a street campaign in order to collect the funds for organization.

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward phone call with supervisor and one other person in department. No particularly difficult questions. They were interested in whether I had customer service experience. They asked what I knew about the organization. It was only one interview, done completely over the phone, and did not have to come in person to interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time when you exhibited leadership skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

They are currently expanding quickly so as long as you aren't a complete bumbling fool when they ask you what made you decide to interview for Amnesty then you are in. Your main difficulty will be in the first week. Many people decide they aren't suited for constantly stopping people in the street to ask for them for money, even if it is for a great organization. Especially in winter. We started with about 18 people on Tuesday, and by Wednesday we were down to about 5

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply to amnesty international?
      What makes you think you would be good at talking to others?   Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a easy interview, they asked basic questions.
    After I received the offer and started working, it actually wasn't as cracked up to be. You have to pay for your own expenses while at work, the management gives you one week of training next week you're on your own.

Field Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer had us complete paper applications first before asking to join in groups for interview. The process compromised of introductions and basic mock-interview questions. By the end of the interview, we were told about the requirements the position would require to get us permanently staffed.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to join Amnesty Int. as a canvasser? Where I would see myself in next year? Which issue that Amnesty supports are you passionate about?   Answer Question