Amnesty International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Amnesty International Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.3

Americas(Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. There was just one interview and they'll tell you pretty quickly whether or not you get the internship. Depending on the region you're interested in applying for, the interviewer may test your language skills.

Campaign, Projects and Networks Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was in person, it was a group interview. It was easy, the interviewer would ask one question so everyone had a chance to answer. At the end I realized that they need people for a street campaign, so it wasn't something I was interested in.

Interview Questions

• Choose one human right which is the most important for you   Answer Question

I didn't like the idea to work a street campaign in order to collect the funds for organization.

Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward phone call with supervisor and one other person in department. No particularly difficult questions. They were interested in whether I had customer service experience. They asked what I knew about the organization. It was only one interview, done completely over the phone, and did not have to come in person to interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a time when you exhibited leadership skills.   Answer Question

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

They are currently expanding quickly so as long as you aren't a complete bumbling fool when they ask you what made you decide to interview for Amnesty then you are in. Your main difficulty will be in the first week. Many people decide they aren't suited for constantly stopping people in the street to ask for them for money, even if it is for a great organization. Especially in winter. We started with about 18 people on Tuesday, and by Wednesday we were down to about 5

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply to amnesty international?
      What makes you think you would be good at talking to others?
      Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a easy interview, they asked basic questions.
    After I received the offer and started working, it actually wasn't as cracked up to be. You have to pay for your own expenses while at work, the management gives you one week of training next week you're on your own.

Field Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer had us complete paper applications first before asking to join in groups for interview. The process compromised of introductions and basic mock-interview questions. By the end of the interview, we were told about the requirements the position would require to get us permanently staffed.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to join Amnesty Int. as a canvasser? Where I would see myself in next year? Which issue that Amnesty supports are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amnesty International in August 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The usual questions they ask you. When she asked if I had any additional questions, I decided to engage with her about a country close to home for my family and how the imputiny process was going in regards to those heartless dictators. She told me it was a good question and was really impressed. That was when she decided to go ahead and schedule an appointment with me for Monday( a week ago) at 4pm. She never e-mailed nor called after that. I tried to call, then e-mail to confirm with her. No response. Very unprofessional and quite rude. It would've been an honor working there, but if that's how they treat applicants, then I'm glad I wasn't chosen.

Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Amnesty International (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

They conducted a group interview. There were two other people, possibly with no educational backgroud. We were asked the same questions and we had to answer all of them in front of each other. Everyone was offered a position.

Field Representative Interview

Application

Interview

It was a group interview with about half a dozen people. Pretty straightforward questions (what experience do you have, what kind of food would you be, etc) - mostly just wanted to make sure you're able to maintain a conversation. Applied on a Thursday, interviewed the following Monday, started training Tuesday and was in the field on Wednesday.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Amnesty International.

Interview

It was very difficult to arrange the interview outside of the designated windows in the first email I received from them. The times they'd proposed didn't work because of the difference in time zones -- an issue you'd expect an international organization to be able to work around without so much trouble. Then the group video interview was very choreographed and strange, with no response from interviewers after I answered questions. It felt like awkward monologuing.

No offer from them, which was fine. They should really stop sending rejection emails that offer to follow up with interview feedback if they're never going to send that feedback, though.

Overall, even though the organization does great work, that strange interview and the disorganized correspondence made me feel that this wouldn't have been a good culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you screwed up at work. (They phrased it a bit more tactfully, but that was the gist.)   Answer Question