Anglo American Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.9

Boilermaker/Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (New York, NY).

Interview

it was well excellent,fair,and accomodating for other people.very interesting.i would love to be recommended.im looking forward for the available vacancies to be part of the assessment.the interview was quite good.and i would love to re locate and work oversease.

Sales and MarketMetallurgical Coal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglo American (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Firstly is a video interview followed by online assessments, Then it took 2 weeks to proceed. The final interview is smoothly, normal question asked. I think I did a good job in answering all the questions with enough information searched online. However, I did not get an offer, maybe because I have no previous experience in commodity market.

Senior Human Resources Interim Role Interview

Interview

Contacted well over two months ago, but still waiting for interview confirmation and being kept dangling whilst things get shuffled around internally. Even given the festive season in between this is far too long. In-house Recruiter is a personal contact of mine so adds a certain level of awkwardness to things given the lack of professionalism on Anglo's part. Such long timeframes are not acceptable for the interim market. Needless to say have since taken another role. Disappointing experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Since I didn't get a chance to meet anyone, the only questions were from the Recruiter   1 Answer

Commercial Exco Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Computerised tests involved quick maths calculations for job grade 6 (professional and junior management) and problem solving through interpreting symbols for grade 5 (mid management). Face to face interviews cover technical ability and fit with team and line manager and a separate competency based interview conducted by a specialist. Competency based interview was based on desired behaviours outlined in the full job descriptions and come from the Anglo People Way.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you managed a complex project.   1 Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglo American (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

This was an internal appointment to a new role so I knew the job description and people well. There was personality testing and then online cognitive exercises to determine decision making ability and then a panel interview with two people - line manager and external HR consultant

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Interview with director of counterpart risk department, and another senior analyst.

Interview Questions

• What are some of our main business partners?
      How do you evaluate a business partner in automobile industry?
      Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2014.

Interview

Online application --> video interview --> online aptitude tests --> final interview
    fairly straight forward. easy
    HR called to confirm interview dates
    result out fairly quickly
    clear process. friendly interviewer
    average level of difficulty for online tests

Interview Questions

• your previous job responsibilities, achievements
      why this area of work
      what are your core competencies
      what do you know about our business
      who are our competitors
      what are the challenges our industry face
      Answer Question

Exploration Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglo American (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in March 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with Geologist and HR.
    There was four Geological Managers and one HR personnel
    Questions was focused on my ability to work and how do i see myself in 5 years
    Company was in the process of retrenching so all departments had to scale down
    Exploration projects was an expensive while exporting mines are bringing money in.
    Commodity at the time wasn't doing so well

Interview Questions

• About my experiences
      Willingness to relocate
      50% traveling
      1 Answer

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in September 2013.

Interview

A few face to face interviews with a computer psychological test. Normally you get a response within a week if you've succeeded. There was also cocktails before and after the interview process which also counted towards whether or not you were selected. An intense interview process but also an enjoyable one.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to influence someone   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglo American (Brisbane (Australia)) in May 2013.

Interview

STAR Behavioural interview questions. The interview process use a panel with hiring manager and HR representative. Interview can also occur via. the phone. I found the STAR interview process can be difficult if you are not prepared for this type of interview as thinking of a specific situation on the spot can be very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you implemented a safety initiative?   1 Answer