Animal Behavior College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College (Santa Clarita, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

First a hiring manager called me and interviewed me over the phone for about 30 minutes then she told me she would have someone from HR follow up with me, and that she will also email me to setup an in-person interview with her and her marketing department.

Two days later I received a call from HR who did another 30 minutes phone interview with me and then confirmed my in-person interview for the following week.

I arrived to my in-person interview and I was greeted by the hiring manager who took me to the conference room and introduced me to everyone. There were two people from the marketing department, an outside consultant on the speaker phone, and the hiring manager in the room. The interview lasted for about an hour and it consisted of mostly elementary technical SEO questions.

After my interview the hiring manager took me to her office and told me that she is very interested in hiring me, and for me not to accept any other job offer prior to contacting her and letting her know.

A week goes by and no updates from the hiring manager so I emailed her but did not get a response. I waited another week and called her and left voicemail but she never returned my call.

Now it has been over a month since my in-person interview and no one from Animal Behavior College contacted me.

The whole point of this review is that if you are going to interview someone over the phone twice, and then in-person and then tell them you are interested in hiring them but decide otherwise you should at least spend a minute responding to their email or voicemail to give them an update.

It is only common courtesy and the professional thing to do.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College (Santa Clarita, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview prior to being called in for a typing skills test. The job description is NOT what the job actually entails. The main skill they wanted was achieving sales quotas.

Interview Questions

• What was the percentage of your sales quota in your last position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

After several phone calls and discussions, I had two interviews. The first was with Human Resources. It was thorough and professional. The second was with my potential supervisor. This also went well and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fluid and professional. I was turned off by one question which asked specifics about my religion and if that would influence my work. They seemed to be most focused on past experience handling a large about of assignments and efficiency in computer skills. I would recommend including those on your resume and having examples ready.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College (Valencia, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Both managers asked questions and overall felt very warm and inviting. The interview was the most calm interview I've had. The questions were current and related to them getting a feel for how I would handle stressful situations. Now being in the position I interviewed for, I completely understand their questions and appreciate what they were asking.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle a frustrated student or parent situation.   1 Answer

Externship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College (Valencia, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I received a call that I qualified for a position and set up an interview time. I arrived at the designated time and was interviewed by two of what I assumed were management. Interview process took about an hour. As I was asked questions each interviewer took notes on my answers. Once over I filled out some basic information paperwork and then took a typing test.

Interview Questions

• They asked all of the basic interview questions. One was what was your least favorite thing about your favorite job?   1 Answer

Externship Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College (Santa Clarita, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with HR and the manager of the Grooming department. They both asked me several questions about customer service, dog grooming and then a few about the position I was apply too. After I completed the verbal portion they set me up on a computer to test my typing skills and word knowledge. Nothing crazy just all the basics that you learn in school.

Interview Questions

• Please describe the job to us? (meaning the job that I was applying for)   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not any negotiation. They made an offer and I accepted. It was a very fair deal.

Financial/Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Animal Behavior College (Santa Clarita, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

After submitting my information online, I was contacted by Cristina Acuña. We had a 20-30 minute phone conversation/interview. I was then invited to interview in person at their location in Santa Clarita.

As soon as I arrived, I was told to sit at a computer in Cristina's office and complete an MS Office Excel test. I was told that Excel would be a part of the job, and I use it daily, however, I was not expecting a test that requires you to be an expert in the software to complete/pass. After I finished the test, I knew I had done poorly. To be clear, I know how to use Excel and have using it in a professional manner for over 5 years. ABC was looking for the people who wrote the program. Cristina took me in a conference room and continued to ask me questions about my background. To be honest, she was pleasant and the second part of this interview (and the initial phone conversation) went quite well. Still, I knew I'd bombed the Excel test and I was actually a bit perturbed that I had wasted my time ESPECIALLY when they weren't willing to negotiate on the hourly wage ($13/hour). (Memo to ABC: For that level of experience and expertise in Excel - or any software - you need to pay more $!)

Overall, I had an average to negative experience. Judging by comments of other previous/current employees, it sounds like I didn't miss much not working here! I'm now a State employee making more than double what they wanted to pay at a respected public organization (versus ABC).

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do I have dealing with difficult personalities (apparently the CEO or person I would be working under is "difficult")   Answer Question