Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was able to receive an email about an offer with USDA for a period of 4 months working in the SOC. I went to the interview and they asked me what types of projects have I worked on and what is my greatest asset. They seemed really nice and were very helpful. They were able to make the interview as easy as possible with no pressure.

Interview Questions

• What projects have you done?   1 Answer

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

Because this position was in a different geographical location, I was invited to telephone interview. The interview was scheduled for one day via Outlook. When I asked for clarification on the time zone, I received no response. A few days later, the meeting was rescheduled for another day and the meting invited indicated the time zone this time. There was never a response to my email. The interview consisted of a panel of four managers within the organization. They asked leadership, supervisory, and technical questions related to the position. It lasted about an hour. It was awkward because there was no feedback from the panel. They simply asked the question and I provided a response. Then they moved on to the next question. I had never been on the interviewee end of a telephone interview, and I found it to be difficult with no response or feedback. While the questions were in no way difficult for me, I felt that I did very poorly on the interview and knew there was no way I would get the job after that poor performance! After two weeks, I received an email from the Hiring Manager telling me that while I was one of the top candidates, I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your leadership style?   1 Answer

Student Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Applying for the job was done on USAJobs, which is where initial email communications were initiated. After scheduling a time and date over email, the interview was conducted over phone. The selecting official was mostly silent, and the interview was driven by a facilitator. It was very comfortable and professional - pretty much a standard structured interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly based on elaborating on resume items, such as describing previous job experience, how any conflicts were resolved, workplace values developed, strengths & weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

BioAide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rahway, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (Rahway, NJ).

Interview

1 in-office interview
    Salary information not provided until employment began

Interview Questions

• Questions were very easy and more to gauge personality than technical knowledge   Answer Question

PPQ Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (Bronx, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Surprise phone interview. I had the option to schedule it when the interviewer called me but I chose not to because I wanted to appear eager. Otherwise, relaxed and informal. The interviewer asked questions from a list, which seemed to be like he was provided the list of questions and I was surprised that they seemed lifted out of a random internet search.

Interview Questions

• Textbook questions. What is a negative quality that you possess? Do you work better alone or in a team? How would you deal with a coworker that doesn't pull their own weight? How would you approach a disagreement with your supervisor? Describe a time that you showed initiative in your work. Etc,   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation involved.

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (Riverdale, MD) in May 2019.

Interview

A board of 5-7 personnel (3 of which were observers) and very professional and friendly. They definitely made me feel at ease so I could answer questions without fear or nervousness.

Interview Questions

• What have I accomplished of significance in my previous employment.   Answer Question