Anvil Corp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.3

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Anvil Corp (Bellingham, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Brushed off as being "over qualified" without any inquiry as to why I was interested in the job or why I thought it was a suitable fit. I clearly have a skill set that covered all their posted requirements.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anvil Corp (Bellingham, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Anvil at a University Career fair and then had an on site interview a couple months later in Bellingham. The main goal of the interview I believe was to see if I fit in with the company environment of Anvil.

Interview Questions

• What have been your favorite courses you have taken in school and why?   Answer Question

Business Dev Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anvil Corp (Bellingham, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough. had to pass 2 phone interviews before face- to face. Home office staff appear to be close knit. Interview style was casual, but it was clear management was looking for personality fit within the culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve conflict with 1) customers? 2) Supervisors? 3) Colleagues?   1 Answer

territory offered was not desirable

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anvil Corp.

Interview

Had a one on one interview after career fair. The interviewer asked basic situational questions and at the end gave me a picture with two tanks of water and asked me to design a pump for it. I didn't make it to the next round of interviews which was site visits at the Anvil office.

Interview Questions

• The question with the tanks of water was the most difficult. Be prepared an know things like 33 ft of water is 1 psi or 100 ft of pipe has 1 psi of pressure drop.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anvil Corp.

Interview

Meet at a career fair. Asked a lot of behavioral questions (ie: talk about a time when you had a conflict and how do you deal with it OR talk about a time you had a difference of opinion). Took about a month to get a response back. Interviewers were really kind and enjoyable. Definitely both really enjoyed their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Asked to draw on and discuss how I would design a pipeline from point A to point B over a unknown surface. I think it was about logic/reasoning.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anvil Corp (Bozeman, MT).

Interview

It was very informal. I was interviewed at a career fair at one of the universities that they recruit at (Montana State, Washington State, Colorado SoM). During the introduction phase before I interviewed is when I think most of the assessment went on. They told me right there on the spot that they were going to be calling me for an interview. I then was told in the interview that they were going to be calling me with an offer. They conveyed a lot about the company culture in the interview and it really put me at ease with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• They asked some general technical questions and questions to try to gauge how well you would interact with a client. They weren't trying to trick you, just trying to assess likability   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was more of a "here's what we're going to offer you" than a negotiation. It was the first job I had so I was a little leary of how to negotiate. I probably could have gotten a bit more. If you don't have a competing job offer and you're freshly graduating, they will probably try to bring you on as an "intern" for 6 months. If you can negotiate into them hiring you much more quickly than this it will benefit you as interns get paid far less (almost 30% less) and don't get *any benefits.

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billings, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anvil Corp (Billings, MT) in November 2013.

Interview

Was contacted directly for a telephone interview by manager at Billings, MT office. Right away informed of another telephone interview with manager at main office in Washington. First interview was mainly asking about my professional experience and proficiency with relevant software. Second had general inquiry about visa status, joining availability and information on benefits and compensation.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anvil Corp (Bellingham, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

There were two interviewers and we had lunch then went back to one of their offices to look at some photos and line drawings.

Lead Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anvil Corp (Bellingham, WA).

Interview

I got the interview through a recruiter. I initially had a phone interview with the hiring manager, Bill who had a detailed copy of my resume. My background has been in all phases of chemical engineering: detailed design, startup & commissioning, operations troubleshooting, and process optimization. However, most of the background has been in polysilicon and not in refinery. Personally I feel that both are closely related. So when Bill called, he asked me a question on relief valve sizing. After that, he was mostly discussing about how his company had a potential opportunity to work in polysilicon but couldn't get into that business. More or less general market dynamics. He concluded the phone call conversation but stating that since I didn't have the refinery experience, he would only hire me if they had polysilicon project. Apparently he knew that from very beginning. So, it was a total waste of time discussing with him. Guess what: I took up the next job in a refinery. I hope Anvil Corp will know in the future that chemical engineering fundamentals do not change from industry to industry and they better look at the resume more thoroughly rather than wasting the candidates time.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager was talking more about the general market dynamics rather than about the company or the position.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anvil Corp.

Interview

I think I went into the company through a "backdoor".

Interview Questions

• I didn't really get any big questions asked. It was more of a "how does your personality fit into this company? Can we train you? Will you be a good leader?"   Answer Question