Apollo Global Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apollo Global Management Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2018

3.2

Sophomore Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management.

Interview

First round was on campus - some technical questions and a little behavioral. The very next day I was flown out to NYC and had 3 interviews. It was very fast paced and the turn around was really quick.

Interview Questions

• how does depreciation of 10 dollars influence all 3 statements? pitch me a stock? what's the difference b/w a credit investment and an equity investment?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied through university career center. First round interview was with two junior analysts, half fit questions and half technical questions about valuing different types of real estate. They take you out to dinner the night before for a networking type event so it makes the interview a little bit easier since you kind of know the people.

Credit Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First did an on-campus interview through the career center. Got selected to attend Superday and went through four interviews at Superday in the New York Office. Focused mainly on behavioral questions and general market/finance knowledge.

Expense Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management (Purchase, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied through staffing agency, invited in for an interview, met with two managers. Was asked some basic questions about excel and accounting capabilities. After I walked them through my resume and experience, they offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with pivot tables?   1 Answer

Financial Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

You had to submit a resume and cover letter. Upon submitting, was selected for the first round interview which was conducted over the phone. Oddly the internship promoted on the flyer was not the same one that candidates was being sought for. The super day was in the main NYC building. There were only two interviews each with two interviewers. Only behavior questions were asked, but they did ask if you had taken any accounting class or no anything, they said to be honest. Was very conversational.

Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

After coming in twice for a few interviews they asked me to come back for an entire day to meet about 8 more people. It was well organized and the people were both wanting to get to know me and wanting to make sure I understood it’s a highly dynamic environment because of the fast growth, and it can be a tough place to work at times.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions getting to know me and my experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through school's online portal and got a first round interview on campus shortly after. After this, got invited to a superday in their New York office and got to meet a lot of the team I'd be working with.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole process was completed really quickly. I first had a phone interview with someone in the department I was applying for. Then they flew me in for a Super day. Everyone I interviewed with was extremely smart and welcoming. They asked mainly behavioral questions and wanted to understand how I think.

Credit Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management.

Interview

Laid back environment, two interviewers. Gave background info on the firm and asked many fit questions. They seemed nice and gave business cards at the beginning of the interview. Lasted 30 minutes on the mark. Not much more to say other than that. Applied through school website and had three days to prepare for the interview. From the looks of it, great team and culture

Private Equity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apollo Global Management in October 2016.

Interview

One on-campus interview and an on-site visit. The process was very quick and applicants were notified of an interview about a week before the interview. People found out that night if they made it to the next round which was on-sight.

Interview Questions

• They just asked me about my experiences and how I got interested in Apollo Global Management.   Answer Question