Appalachian State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Appalachian State Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application materials in November and the department scheduled a video interview in late December. The interview occurred over Zoom, and five search committee professors participated. The committee chair conducted the bulk of the interview, although each member had at least a couple of prepared questions. The entire interview lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How will my research program complement the department's ongoing research projects, and what external funding can I expect to receive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

Following the online submission of my application materials, I was contacted within the next 24 hours via email by the selection committee and thanked for doing so and asked to complete a brief online equal opportunity survey. I was again contacted within 10 days later to schedule a time to do a video-based interview with the committee. I was given multiple times and days to select from. The interview was about 20 minutes in length and had about 6 committee members present (though I was only able to see about 3 of them). I was asked 3 questions (that were provided to me via email the night before the interview) and then given the opportunity to ask questions as well. The faculty conducting the interview were extremely polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in at App State and in the rural setting?   Answer Question

CNA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Appalachian State.

Interview

Discussed what the job is about and went on a tour. Very positive experience overall! Everyone is very friendly and I couldn't ask for a better place to work. No drug tests or background checks, though they did verify my listing on the CNA registry. I thought I did great, then they took FOREVER to get back to me, but I got the job! Great experience working at this place.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were put in a difficult situation and handled it well.   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process is fairly straight forward, yet competitive. You have to submit an essay to the Walker College of Business each semester you wish to be a graduate assistant. At the same time, you are competing with other students in order to show the program why you are the best candidate for the position at that time.

Business & Technology Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview process where everyone read pre-determined questions. There was not a lot of opportunity to interact and/or for them to learn more about you as a person. I understand the desire for them to hire solely based upon someone's technical experience, but the position also required a lot of project management and consultation with other departments.

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC).

Interview

After my online application at bookstore.appstate.edu I followed up the next day and spoke to Stephanie Marshall (Hiring and Scheduling Manager) about the status of my application. The next day I was called in for an interview later that week. At the interview I spoke to Stephanie Marshall and another manager.

Media Lab Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

Short, and i felt like most anybody could have gotten this job based on the short and ineffective process. Although i think I was qualified, others there were not and still obtained a job easily.

Cafeteria Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

The interviewing manager is professional, thoughtful, and kind. I appreciated the brevity, she seemed to be rushed but was very collected. Interviewer seemed to be more interested in my attitude towards working on a team than my hard copy resume, which was interesting.
    Personally I really like the management and their style, though I had peers who seemed intimidated by their approach.

Interview Questions

• Describe a circumstance in which you had to deal with a special needs customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in December 2011.

Interview

The faculty and dean of the school to which I applied went out of their way to make me feel welcome. They took a great deal of time from their busy schedules to meet with me and make sure that I was comfortable. They listened carefully to me and offered many opportunities for me to get my questions answered. Overall, it was the best interview experience I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How would you change our curriculum?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Appalachian State (Boone, NC) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked to meet with a particular person in my department after I expressed interest in employment with the department while attending graduate school. I believe graduate students in the Technology Department are ideally paired up with a professor or mentor whose research interests are aligned with the student. My background enabled me to get involved in some building science research.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your computer programming background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. the pay is standard for everyone.