Applied Information Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Information Sciences Interview Questions

Interviews at Applied Information Sciences

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences.

Interview

I was recruited by the AIS HR team through a hiring website. I expressed interest in the company, so we proceeded with a phone interview with the recruiter. After that I had a technical phone interview with a programmer from the company, and finally an in person interview with the office manager. The interviews were all pretty straightforward, we mostly talked about my experience, the job I would be performing, company culture, what kind of work environment I prefer, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what my current salary was, and proposed their salary offer based on that.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Reston, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

first round on phone with recruiter. It was just basic talk about my experience and what I was looking for on the job market. Then technical interview for an hour on phone. I was asked lot about technical terms and question, scenarios and my previous job experience. What i have done in past. In person two hours interview on site. Two round interview, both technical interview. At the end of it, they explained me about the vision and position and growth potential if I work there

Interview Questions

• Detailed technical interview on the job title. specific experience and scenario questions   Answer Question

Aug 29, 2016

Thanks so much for the review - Our Talent, interview and hiring team here at AIS does not take the recruiting and interviewing process lightly and we appreciate any and all feedback to ensure the... More

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Reston, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one by the recruiter and another by a design expert; and 2 in person interviews, one by a SharePoint OOTB expert and anything by a senior Software Engineer

Interview Questions

• There are 5 different forms. How would you get them all to display on one page   1 Answer

Sharepoint Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Reston, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Was contacted on LinkedIn by their in-house recruiter. I emailed her my details and she called me to discuss the opportunity. The next day I had a phone interview with one of their developers for one hours. The recruiter called back and she said that they wanted an in-person interview two days away. I drove up for the interview and was given a visitor tag on arrival and shown to a conference room and given a bottle of water. I first talked with the recruiter and she went over the process with me. Then I talked to a project manager for 30 minutes. Then I talked to the head IT guy for another 30 minutes. Everyone was friendly and listened to what I was saying without interrupting. They were honest about their response to my questions. After that I talked to the recruiter who showed me around the office and said that she would call me.

The next day she called and said that the people who I spoke to thought that I would be a good fit and she wanted to know what I thought. I said that I had other opportunities to consider and would need a few days to think about it. She said she would get in touch with me then to give me time. We talked about the salary also and she gave me some numbers. A few days went by and she called to see what my decision was. I said that I could not accept any offers now since I am exploring other options and it wasn't the right time for me. She questions my decision and pressured me a little to know my reasons for refusing. I told her again that I was exploring other options, so she thanked me and hung up.

Everyone was nice and the process was professional.

Interview Questions

• The IT guy would ask to explain certain code or techniques that I used in the past and wanted at least pseudo-code.   Answer Question

I was exploring other options.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Columbia, MD) in October 2018.

Interview

You never get a chance to make a first impression. The recruiter from AIS, Jenny Wan, was so enthusiastic and excited about the company as a whole it made me very excited for the interview. She was lightning fast in responding to my many questions, going back to the hiring manager directly to get specific answers. When I asked what made it such a great company she said "The people here are awesome". I have been working here for 10 weeks now and if you asked me what makes this a great company I would also say "the people".

Some companies say "We are like a family". AIS isn't LIKE a family it is a family. The Christmas party this year was like nothing I have ever seen in a work function. It was not a Christmas party, it was a Christmas reunion, bringing friends who care about each other from different parts of the area together to celebrate. Really a unique place to work. They shouldn't call it "recruiting", at AIS they should call it "adoption".

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of being a manger?   1 Answer

Feb 9, 2019 – Talent Manager

Wow, thanks so much for the amazing review! This is a testament to our process, ensuring that every single candidate’s experience is a positive one from initial contact through onboarding. All of... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Reston, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Recruiter initiated contact after finding my resume on a job board. He provided information on the company and job. We discussed my background, goals, salary requirements, etc. A week later we scheduled a phone screening for after hours. The SME provided additional information regarding the company and position. He inquired upon my background using open ended questions. The next step in the hiring process involved speaking with the contract manager but I never had such an opportunity as I accepted another position. Overall the process was friendly and professional.

Infrastructure Senior Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Reston, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and submitted my resume. Was contacted within hours of submitting and had an initial interview. Was then moved along to a technical interview a week later. Finally was called in for a face to face with two Account Managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you would utilize to migrate data from a SP2007 environment to SP2013   Answer Question

Feb 21, 2017

Thanks so much for the feedback - we're ecstatic to hear that your interview process with our Talent and interview teams was seamless and efficient!

Software Engineer II - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Dayton, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

A thirty minute telephone screening with an HR manager on Tuesday. A forty-five minute technical interview via telephone with two senior developers. Both conversations went really well. There were no questions designed to trip you up.

Interview Questions

Applied Information Sciences Response

Aug 29, 2016

Thanks so much for your interest in AIS - we greatly appreciate your review!

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Reston, VA) in August 2018.

Interview

I was told about the job via an outside recruiter. They asked me if I was interested and if so they would submit my resume on my behalf. They wanted to speak with me and then things happened fairly quickly. I had one phone interview with the department head, and one in person interview with the department team (only 2 people total).

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applied Information Sciences (Reston, VA) in April 2019.

Interview

2 hour ordeal with 2 different people. Each person has own specific questions & agenda. No real technical questions were asked relevant to SharePoint. Primary focus was on PowerApps & PowerBI. I felt really mislead afterwards, so don't invest too much time on preparation. They will act like you're "the one" and then send you a "sorry, we selected a more qualified candidate." The receptionist even asked if I saw any red flags about the company and gave me a brochure of how to progress in AIS.
    *Dutiful warning, don't waste a lot of time preparing/investing yourself in their interviews.*
    Very little technical questions were asked. They seem more interested in seeing if you "fit" in their paradigm. I'm certain they selected a man instead of a woman, you were warned. Age & gender discrimination is invisible, yet real.

Interview Questions

• What kind of app did you create? Canvas or model-driven?   Answer Question