Arclight Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Arclight Cinemas

2.9

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

A group interview and role play to see how one would handle certain situations. The process was short and easy. The management tells you what is expected from you and them. It was a waste of time. I got the job and everything was misleading on their part.

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Culver City, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process was a bit long and sort of repetitive. With your basic questions. as to "why you wanted to work there" and "what could you do fort the company" etc.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Pasadena, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I applied for the waiter position through the company website, and the site allowed me to self-schedule for the job interview. After I went to the job interview, the HR person selected only three people out of about 20 applicants. I was not among the three who were selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • Describe your ideal boss.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Hollywood, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

They ask you about how to handle certain situations with customers. Their is a one on one interview that I had to undergo out of about 8 people. I was randomly chosen for the interview. In the group interview they asked everyone to participate in questions they would ask and you should be proactive. Just be outspoken, outgoing, pleasant and have strong interpersonal skills and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Q: how do you handle a guest if it has been 30 minutes since the movie started?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Culver City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite creepy. We all gathered in a room to do a "group interview". Only about 1/3 of the interviewers actually got the job. Luckily I did get the job, but I felt sorry for the people that were turned away. If that had happened to me it probably would have been pretty depressing. The people that were the loudest got the job. Shy people were completely out of luck. I succesfully completed the embarrassing roll play so I believe that is why i got the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you work on weekends? Weekend are busiest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Hollywood, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a group interview. There were atlas 20 other candidates that were applying for the positions. You make a big circle and they go over some questions before starting the whopping 3-4 hour interview process. I left before the second part of the interview because they DO NOT allow tattoos below the elbow regardless if you cover them up. You should probably pay more than minimum wage with all the crazy requirements of this company. Do not recommend and I will not spend my money there any longer.

Interview Questions

• They start off with availability etc... They were wanting complete open availability between THUR-SUNDAY   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (El Segundo, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was a group interview, that consisted of 4 parts. The interview took about 4 hours if you passed every part. They hire you on the spot if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were not in a leadership position, but acted as if you were?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Pasadena, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long, 3 + hours. The manager tended to ignore me and gave me an absurd role playing situation that was far more confusing than the other guy in the interview, who was an 18 year old who just graduated highschool. I feel like they just didn't like me and were biased because I have a lot of experience working at other movie theaters coming into it..

Interview Questions

• A man is sitting in someone elses' seat in a packed theater chucking popcorn at the stranger sitting in front of them and refuses to stop. The manager is not available and things get violent. What do you do?   1 Answer

Staff Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Pasadena, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Group Interview with focus on experience in entertainment industry. They want to know how much you know about the movie scene(Movie stars, current movies, etc..). Be mindful of what you say.

Interview Questions

• Who here has experience or knowledge of the entertainment industry   1 Answer

Usher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Hollywood, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

long process. roughly 2-3 hours. group interview, i had about 8 other people. One manager and one arclight employee. series of questions that were left up to the people to answer. they were looking for people to speak up and show leadership

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question