Arclight Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arclight Cinemas Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arclight Cinemas

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Culver City, CA).

Interview

5 hour interview since there were 12 people in the group interview. 3 rounds. Be confident, be a leader.
    Round 1: getting to know you and your knowledge of the company, and to see if you can think on your feet.
    *first round of eliminations*
    Round 2: Role play as a crew member in very difficult customer service situations.
    *second round of eliminations*
    Round 3: individual interviews with panel of four managers/leads.

They hire on the spot. You must be available Friday night-sun night at minimum. They will not hire you if you can't work all three days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Minimum wage of $10.50/hr.

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Culver City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I showed up 15 minutes before the interview and checked in, then sat beside a couple of guys who were also interviewing. Aside from us three, there were 9 others who sat silently against a wall in the lobby. The 12 of us were brought upstairs for a group interview where we introduced ourselves, and then they asked very general questions about positive and negative experiences we've had. After an hour and a half, the four staff interviewers met privately and eliminated two candidates, one for talking for way too long in every section, and the other for being too shy.
    In the second round, which took at least another hour, we role-played various crew jobs and then gave one another feedback. Everybody had a chance to role-play, but I'd recommend volunteering early on so that you can make an impression. Two more were eliminated after this section, one whom was very quiet throughout the interview process so far, and another who had two or three questions after EVERY SINGLE ROLE PLAY SCENARIO.
    There were 8 of us who made it to the final round, which was a 4-on-1 interview with the hiring staff. They asked pretty generic interview questions, so it wasn't very stressful. All 8 of us were offered jobs after everyone had interviewed.

Overall, I thought the interview was way too long, but the questions were really simple. Play it cool, don't feel like you need to speak up after everything, but make sure when you do speak, it's either interesting or at least conducive to the task at hand. Even if you are nervous, there's probably 5 other people way more nervous than you. Relax and get hired.

Interview Questions

• What was one critique you've received that you used to improve something in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Culver City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process that they claimed was for "quality" not "quantity", but was definitely bogus and a waste of time. Oh, and they're definitely racist. I'm black and I worked at 2 different movie theatres before this, so should have been a shoe-in. Ultimately, they said they didn't hire me because of my name.

Interview Questions

• A lot of abstract and ambiguous questions, none of which were related to my work experience or anything on my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Santa Monica, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

A long, three-stage process that involves a group of other interviewees. The first stage is mostly ice-breakers, and it's helpful to be confident and to speak whenever possible. The second sage, after a group gets cut, involves role-playing common scenarios; again, just be confident and volunteer when possible. By the final stage you have basically been hired, it's mostly just a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager about your availability and basic expectations of the job. The manager asks a simple math question. Luckily only 2 other people including myself showed up to the interview. Everyone got hired.

Interview Questions

• I buy a pen for $12.50 and I gave a $20. How much change do I get   1 Answer

Film Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Hollywood, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

It is a group interview. There were atlas 20 other candidates that were applying for the positions. You make a big circle and they go over some questions before starting the whopping 3-4 hour interview process. I left before the second part of the interview because they DO NOT allow tattoos below the elbow regardless if you cover them up. You should probably pay more than minimum wage with all the crazy requirements of this company. Do not recommend and I will not spend my money there any longer.

Interview Questions

• They start off with availability etc... They were wanting complete open availability between THUR-SUNDAY   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Culver City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

After waiting months, I applied again and instantly got a an email to schedule the interview. Its a group interview. Me and about 8 other people set in the lobby for a while before they took us upstairs to begin 3 different parts. First we did an activity where someone starts a story then everyone adds on, 2nd we had to talk about the best party we went to. After they went over all the rules a and dresscodes they have. That may have been before the activity. After the first activity, we get a break then they cut 2 people. The next part is a role playing part where you're the employee, and one of the actually employees plays a person who just walked into o the movie theatre, someone who comes late to the movie and isn't allowed to enter, someone who is sitting g in the wrong seat, then last was someone who wouldn't get off their phone. I was cut after this part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Sherman Oaks, CA).

Interview

All interviewees will be gathered into a group and be brought into a room. The interview is divided into 3 sections: group interview, role play, and one-on-one. People are being cut after each section.

Film Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Pasadena, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very long, 3 + hours. The manager tended to ignore me and gave me an absurd role playing situation that was far more confusing than the other guy in the interview, who was an 18 year old who just graduated highschool. I feel like they just didn't like me and were biased because I have a lot of experience working at other movie theaters coming into it..

Interview Questions

• A man is sitting in someone elses' seat in a packed theater chucking popcorn at the stranger sitting in front of them and refuses to stop. The manager is not available and things get violent. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arclight Cinemas (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Its a group interview, three rounds, they let you know at moment if youre hired. At first it seems kind of intimidating, but everyone there is just as nervous and they dont make you feel that way throughout the interview. They talk alot about the company expectations and put you in scenarios, then a one on one.

Interview Questions

• What is one negative experience you encountered and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much a negotiation phase, I accepted the offer when they offered.