Ardagh Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ardagh Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Ardagh Group

2.7

Training and Development Manager Interview

Interview

I spoke to the recruiter, who was very nice and asked me initial questions and set me up with a call with the VP (hiring manager) for the next day. He asked me briefly about my experience and was very short and rude. He asked me how I thought I could come in without any manufacturing experience and be successful. He also said that it is very difficult and he hasn't seen anyone do it. I basically told him that I had no interest in the job and I didn't like his attitude, thanks for your time. I have never experienced this before!!!

Interview Questions

• How do you expect to come in and do training if you have no manufacturing experience?   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dolton, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Dolton, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Found job online through corporate web site. Sent in resume. received phone call to schedule phone interview. Did phone interview then was asked to come in for a personal interview. That call came about 1 week later. Went to interview, felt good about it and took a tour of plant. Was to interview with HR Manager. Had to schedule for another day, which we did that day. Got a call the next day it had to be postponed. After 1 call and several E mails almost a month after the interview, received an email that they had offered job to another candidate.

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove Village, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Elk Grove Village, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

I met with the hiring manager, an HR associate, a different divisional manager, and then 2 members of the team. After submitting my online application on a Friday, I was contacted the following Monday by a recruiter to complete a phone interview. We completed the phone interview the next day. Following the phone interview I received an email request to write out an answer to 2 behavioral questions. The next day I received an invitation to for an in person interview about 1 week away. 2 days after the in person interview I reached out to the recruiter to let them know I received an offer elsewhere so it would be helpful to know where Ardagh is in the hiring process. Recruiter responded several hrs later saying that they would not be moving forward with my candidacy. Interview process overall was very thorough. However, I feel they could have done a better job at portraying experience level necessary for the job as it was an entry level position but during the interview they made it pretty clear they preferred more experience.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Conklin, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Conklin, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

There were several phone interviews with plant and corporate people before an in person, on site interview. Whole process took about 2 months. In person interview was a panel interview with 6 people taking turns asking scripted questions. Ended up taking about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were more related to fit/philosophy. Also things like "how would you define Quality?" Can you describe a time when you didn't agree with a coworker and how did you resolve the situation, etc.   Answer Question

EHS Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dolton, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Dolton, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process was very structured. I gave the Human Resource Manger a complement on how the interview process was set up. I enjoyed having a discussion with the leadership group. I got a great understanding on what they were looking for, and I was able to figure out a way to fit in within the company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

It was long and I had to interview with 4 different people. But felt seamless and easy. I felt the friendly culture right away and understood the expectations of the company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think makes a good leader?   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Interview process lasted about an hour. Mostly behavioral questions asked during interview. Interviewed at a hiring conference. Asked to travel to the job site for introduction and testing. Expenses were fully covered by the company. Offered more than I expected for the position. Company also offered 2 month living and moving accommodations for change of state.

Gauger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Winchester, IN).

Interview

They only interview you if you are referred by someone in management. It's not like any other interview. If you get an interview, they've already made up their minds to hire you. The interview is to clarify that you are not disturbing to be around. The HR who runs the whole show will just want to know about your life until the present. Your new boss will be there too, but he'll just see if you will ever want to be considered for managing in the future.

Interview Questions

• How many undocumented physical altercations have you been in?   1 Answer
    • Are you in the military reserves?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Reselector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Lincoln, IL).

Interview

Met in hr office managers office with 4 management personnel, interview was laid back was asked why I was interested in employment just simple questions about my background and skills. Benefits weren't really explained, they were unable to tell me what they would cost . Explained about the holidays. How this being a 24 /7 facility holidays could be worked .

Interview Questions

• What did I want to succeed to do   2 Answers

Customer Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kilmarnock, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Ardagh Group (Kilmarnock, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Was asked to prepare a presentation on the skills and experience I would bring to the role and deliver it during interview. Met with HR Manager and department manager. Interview went well.

Four weeks later after hearing nothing I followed up with an email...still no response two weeks later. I’m guessing I didn’t get the job! However would think more of the company if they had let me know, especially after being interviewed.
    I suspect if that’s how they treat job candidates, they don’t treat their staff much better!!