Argus Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Argus Media Interview Questions

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Argus Media.

Interview

There is a writing and math test and then in-person interviews with the editor, bureau chief, and the managing editor of the Americas. It generally covered the typical interview questions. You don't need to know too much about your market going in, they will train you.

Market Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Media.

Interview

Simple phone interview followed up by interview with manager in city where position is located. There was no funding for travelling for the interview, which was quite expensive. Additionally, it took a month and a couple of emails from me before I was informed of their decision. Overall I would say Argus needs to majorly improve their communication with candidates. Perhaps my experience was a one-off, but regardless, I found it off-putting.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of time you have failed at your job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Phone pre-screen was going well and the Human Resource person was nice up until she tried to repeat my past positions back to me. "So basically you were just an Admin Assistant." No, I wasn't but thanks for diminishing my past titles and all my hard work. Then in my rejection email, she had the nerve to say "Thank you for telling me your experience as an HR Generalist and an Administrative Assistant". First of all, administrative assistant was NEVER my job title in my past position. For the Human Resource person to diminish the positions I've held and the hard work I've done was such a complete turn off. I work in HR myself and that was just not acceptable and it really set a tone if I were to move forward in the interview process.

Interview Questions

Argus Media Response

May 2, 2017 – Head of HR, Americas

We strive to make the candidate experience welcoming and positive for all applicants. I want to sincerely apologize that we failed to achieve that positive experience with you. If there is anything... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Argus Media (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Consisted of two phone interviews because I came from out of state. The first one was with HR and the second one was with the Product Marketing Manager. Both were easy and fun. Was in constant communication with the company and they always answered back with great answers.

Market Reporter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Media.

Interview

Initial phone screening with HR which was very simple and dealt with your background. Next step was to come in to do a writing and math exam. The writing exam was simple, but I got short on time with the math test. The math test was like an SAT exam, but no calculator. Last step was a group panel with six different editors.

Interview Questions

• Why Argus? If you heard an incident occurred at Refinery X, what would you do to report on the incident? General questions about your resume/background.   Answer Question

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Media (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a standard interview process. I spoke via the telephone with a recruiter initially and from there they were the point of contact to schedule future interviews. I came into the office to interview with the HR, the hiring manager and 2 other key stake holders.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair and simple, the group was easy to communicate with and very responsive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Media (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Writing exercise and math/puzzle test, about 2 hours. Pretty straightforward. Called back for 2-hour meeting with various editors. Everyone was friendly, but only one person seemed really pumped about the work. They kept asking if the job "sounds too boring." Off-putting.

Interview Questions

• They kept asking if the job "sounds too boring." Weird question.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Argus Media (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Through a recruiter - Brief Phone with an energetic local manager. Set up to come in for a f2f a week later. Conference quality Skype with another manager in the UK. Some technical, some behavioral, many anecdotal.
    Another interview scheduled three days later. Never worked out.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - how quickly and efficiently do you switch gears, and back again?
      Some basic tech questions   Answer Question

Sales/Marketing Interview

Interview

Long- multiple face-to-face, ask for multiple recommendations, and background checks total take about 2 months to get hired on.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Argus Media (London, England (UK)).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews: Short Phone interview with HR > Maths and Writing Test + 1st in-person interview competency-based > 2nd in-person competency-based interview > Presentation in front of 6 members of the team with a scenario to be analysed for a client

Interview Questions

• The last book you read?
      How many oranges can you fit in a 10m3 box?
      Maths and Writing test which are both easy   Answer Question