Arkansas DHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Arkansas DHS

2.8

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Little Rock, AR) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied in Dec 2013, recvd a call back and interview a few weeks later. It took them a month to call me back for the job

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Fort Smith, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process makes a person feel as though they are jumping through hoops, persons doing the interview typically give the impression of "why are you here again" Not sure if one is to infer the job is already filled, or if you are just wasting your time going to the interview. Impression of the overall employees is this…a lot are very young, they seem to enjoy talking amongst themselves about personal things, work ethics are slacking. Impression is, I got the job, I nailed the interview, so I will do as little as possible to get through until payday.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now?   1 Answer
    • What qualities would you bring with you if you were hired?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous employers' say about you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Little Rock, AR) in October 2013.

Interview

They said that there would be two call backs. Actually there was only one for some reason. The first interview was a panel of two people I think, maybe it was supposed to be three and one of them didn't ask questions or didn't show up. The second was one on one with a woman who was about to retire, she was very grandmotherly. In both interviews there were moments when I felt that I was not qualified but they just let me do it. I totally forgot about the drug test till the last moment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about working in teams? Tell us about self directed projects? Tell us about your future career?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Little Rock, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was easy asked normal interview questions. Had to fill out a few questions similar to interview questions. 2nd interview was more questions about work experience and "what would you do if or how have you previously handled this situation"

Interview Questions

• If you had to send an email to 10 corporate leaders about an issue within the company and your director need this information by a certain date and time please write below how you would word your email .   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Fayetteville, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

One on one interview with the head of the attorney division in the district. She has to score based a criteria already set out beforehand. She was quick in lettign me know that the position had already been filled.

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps of having a document entered into evidence during court.   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Little Rock, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

It is a two part process. A written portion with a couple hypotheticals related to the position, and a panel interview. I was given thirty minutes to complete the written portion. The attorney position does not require knowledge of child welfare law. They give you everything you need to answer the questions. The actual interview was a panel interview of two.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the child maltreatment act?
      What do you know about the juvenile code?
      What would you do situational questions.   Answer Question

IT Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS.

Interview

It is a two part panel interview, you get a second interview if you are top three to five. You have to pass benchmarks to be considered, and if you do not meet the minimum qualifications, you will not be able to make it to be interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Searcy, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Searcy, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recieved an email weeks later asking if I wanted to interview. The interview was very brief and informal. I was dressed in business interview attire while the interviewer was wearing jeans. You will have thirty minutes to answer questions/scenarios on paper and then the interview will begin. The actual interview lasted maybe 15 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Bentonville, AR) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the call for interview 2-3 weeks after applying. The interview was held in a conference room at the Holiday Inn in Springdale. There was about 7 other people. I sat at a table and filled out a thick packet of paperwork, information needed after hiring including tax information, background check consent, traffic history consent, etc. There is also a paper with 5 questions about your experience working with families and a couple "What would you do?" questions. They played a 15-minute video and once all that was done, I was called to another room where the interview took place. It was one-on-one. Be prepared for behavioral interview questions. The whole thing lasted 2 hours, with the actual interview portion only about 15-20 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time your values were in conflict with what your company's policy was and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Batesville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out a questionnaire that best reflected how I would handle given circumstances. Watched a video prior to coming to the job. Met with the Supervisor and Field Supervisor to conduct the interview. Very laid back process. Not like other counties I have applied for.

Interview Questions

• Was I aware of the on-call scheduling?   1 Answer