Arkansas DHS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arkansas DHS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.8

IT Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS.

Interview

It is a two part panel interview, you get a second interview if you are top three to five. You have to pass benchmarks to be considered, and if you do not meet the minimum qualifications, you will not be able to make it to be interviewed.

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Fayetteville, AR) in May 2017.

Interview

One on one interview with the head of the attorney division in the district. She has to score based a criteria already set out beforehand. She was quick in lettign me know that the position had already been filled.

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps of having a document entered into evidence during court.   1 Answer

Family Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Batesville, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

Filled out a questionnaire that best reflected how I would handle given circumstances. Watched a video prior to coming to the job. Met with the Supervisor and Field Supervisor to conduct the interview. Very laid back process. Not like other counties I have applied for.

Interview Questions

• Was I aware of the on-call scheduling?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Little Rock, AR) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was easy asked normal interview questions. Had to fill out a few questions similar to interview questions. 2nd interview was more questions about work experience and "what would you do if or how have you previously handled this situation"

Interview Questions

• If you had to send an email to 10 corporate leaders about an issue within the company and your director need this information by a certain date and time please write below how you would word your email .   Answer Question

Program Eligibility Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS.

Interview

Interview was a joke. Had to fill out paperwork and answer questions before the interview. Interviewer walked out into lobby and talked to another candidate. It was clear that they were friends. Interviewer spent over an hour with that candidate. Once the first candidate left the interviewer IMMEDIATELY changed her attitude. Called me into the back. Spent only 5 minutes with me and that was it. It felt like nobody in that office actually read my application or resume. Interviewer asked about 4 questions off the sheet I filled out and that was it. Promised to call me back and tell me whether or whether not I got the job. Never heard anything back. I understand finding the best candidate but don't waste an applicant's time by shooing them through an interview just to meet a candidate quota.

Family Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Searcy, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Searcy, AR) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online, recieved an email weeks later asking if I wanted to interview. The interview was very brief and informal. I was dressed in business interview attire while the interviewer was wearing jeans. You will have thirty minutes to answer questions/scenarios on paper and then the interview will begin. The actual interview lasted maybe 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2015.

Interview

After applying, they will email you saying that you have all of the qualifications needed for the position. Shortly after, they will email you again to set up interview times. After my interview, I waited a little over two weeks to hear back.

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Batesville, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

They will usually do a mass interview. You will fill out all the paperwork you would fill out if you were hired. Then they would interview you. This streamlines the process and makes it to where you don't need to fill out as much upon hiring in to the company.
    The interviews are very cut and dry, with questions about your knowledge about state programs and data entry. There will be a video at the beginning that will let you know exactly what the job id's about.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were put in a situation that was difficult dealing with an upset client/customer. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Fort Smith, AR) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process makes a person feel as though they are jumping through hoops, persons doing the interview typically give the impression of "why are you here again" Not sure if one is to infer the job is already filled, or if you are just wasting your time going to the interview. Impression of the overall employees is this…a lot are very young, they seem to enjoy talking amongst themselves about personal things, work ethics are slacking. Impression is, I got the job, I nailed the interview, so I will do as little as possible to get through until payday.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now?   1 Answer
    • What qualities would you bring with you if you were hired?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous employers' say about you?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkansas DHS (Little Rock, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

It is a two part process. A written portion with a couple hypotheticals related to the position, and a panel interview. I was given thirty minutes to complete the written portion. The attorney position does not require knowledge of child welfare law. They give you everything you need to answer the questions. The actual interview was a panel interview of two.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the child maltreatment act?
      What do you know about the juvenile code?
      What would you do situational questions.   Answer Question