Arkansas State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arkansas State University Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.3

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas State University in March 2017.

Interview

Was done through Skype; the final interview was done through skype, my guess is because of their departments minimum budget, they are unable to pay for the travel and lodge fees...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at ASU? What makes you different from the other candidates?   Answer Question

ITS Lab Assistant/Helpdesk Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arkansas State University (Jonesboro, AR).

Interview

First, i received a phone call for the interview. Interview was one on one. Interviewer asked some basic questions about computer systems. The classes i took it in the past and will take it in the future.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas State University (Jonesboro, AR) in June 2015.

Interview

Panel interview, 6 people. Asked questions and validated my skills. Shook hands with all participants and everyone was very nice and friendly. Only one person asked the questions, most of the rest of the panel shuffled through papers and looked bored.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arkansas State University.

Interview

The actual application process involves going online to print out a form, completing it, and sending it in. In truth, you have to know the professor in charge of the program and make sure they know that you are interested in the job. In most cases, there aren't really interviews. They pick who they like and offer them the jobs. Sometimes they have mock interviews but the majority of the time they already know who they're going to hire.

Interview Questions

• I suppose the interview actually starts when you're in the classes of the people involved in making the decision. If you don't make an impression in the classes when you're an undergraduate then you aren't likely to be considered for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They didn't even tell me my starting pay rate. I found that out on my first check.

Tutor Interview

Interview

Hiring went smoothly, I applied and got an interview after two weeks. The interview wasn't hard basic questions about how would you deal with students if they don't know anything about the subject, how to encourage them, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation , which I should have done

French Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arkansas State University (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

it was nicely and professionally conducted
    I passed the first stage, second stage is to submit a lesson plan on the company template
    The interview was fair professional and thorough
    Very convenient to be able to go via Skype
    Thank you glassdoor for assistance to applicants

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      Why do you want this job?
      Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
      Answer Question

Computer Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkansas State University (Jonesboro, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very brief. I got there and my boss read the job description and he told me he was looking for someone part-time for the open position

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Arkansas State University (Tempe, AZ) in August 2011.

Interview

I submitted an application through their online system. I was contacted two weeks later to set up an interview. The interview was conducted over Skype. The supervisor for the department was the only person from ASU's side present in the interview. The questions were basic such as:
    What would you do if you were given a lot of data that had been collected, but hadn't been entered or analyzed yet?
    What problems have you experienced when setting up a data entry and analysis system?
    What 3 characteristics are key to a team functioning well without extensive oversight from their boss?
    It seemed the department had experienced a lot of restructuring and the supervisor was looking for people with initiative who could be very productive without supervision.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were given the task of analyzing data that had been collected but not yet entered into a computer?   Answer Question

Supplemental Instruction Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arkansas State University (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2010.

Interview

Application included submitting my school transcripts. As I had received an "A" in all classes they were looking for tutors I was contacted by phone to set up an interview. The interview was short and was quickly given a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay rate was non negotiable. However, hours were extremely flexible.

Helper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jonesboro, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arkansas State University (Jonesboro, AR) in November 2009.

Interview

Filled out an application and interviews with 5 or more people

Interview Questions

• If you were a fruit, what kind would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great