Arlington Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Arlington Resources

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Arlington Resources (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

The recruiter I spoke with was extremely pleasant and courteous. However the interview phone screen, qualifying event was less than pleasant.

Prior to the call I received an email to confirm the appointed time. I affirmed the time and requested the job description. The recruiter quickly replied back and did not send a job description. The recruiter shared she was calling to just learn more about my background.

At the time of the call she asked about my most recent employer. When she asked for ending salary I shared my target is 80k to 120k. She paused and made a few remarks and circled back to request ending salary a second time. I shared that I do not provide salary information and find it hard to believe that a client ‘must’ know my prior salary before even talking with me.

I shared with her that if the clients she represents and or the business model of Arlington Resources must know my sensitive financial data prior to an interview, there is likely no opportunity for me at her client companies.

She agreed and we disengaged. I would strongly recommend that Arlington Resources read Liz Ryan’s post on past salary information for future employers.

Interview Questions

• What was your ending salary?   1 Answer

Arlington Resources Response

Sep 30, 2016 – President

Thank you so much for your feedback. Liz Ryan has written many interesting articles about the recruiting profession. Our philosophy in helping people in their job search is based on finding the right... More

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Arlington Resources (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Asked about my background and what I enjoyed most about HR and my understandings of the different facets. Particularly laws, etc additionally provided live examples as to how I handled certain situations and how my past experience and training def helped me make those correct decisions

Interview Questions

Arlington Resources Response

Sep 19, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking time to complete this review of our services. We take great care to make sure that our candidates are completely satisfied. Would you be able to expound on why you had a negative... More

Recruiting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arlington Resources (Chicago, IL) in March 2010.

Interview

I only had one interview with Arlington Resources prior to interviewing for their clients. The interview is very personalized and detailed. They really try to understand your passion beyond your background and therefore questions are geared toward that more than just background.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions to be difficult or unexpected since I was in the same field as the interviewer therefore knew what to expect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was very easy because they contact you about a client, thoroughly explain the companies expectations and/or requirements and then tell you the rate they are willing to pay. By doing so, the ball is in your court to accept or not.