Armstrong Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Armstrong Steel

Sort:

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Armstrong Steel (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Relaxed. They will hire anyone.
    If you can pick up a phone and talk to billy bob about his shed plans and convince him steel prices are rising, then you will be a natural.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Armstrong Steel (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

They asked good questions during the interview. The only thing I didn't like was I had to fill out an online application as well as a paper application before I was interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Armstrong Steel (Greenwood Village, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I was referred to the job by an old co-worker, I came in for a face to face interview and management was impressed enough to offer me a job immediately.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you are capable of selling a steel building over the phone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Armstrong Steel (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief. They hire everyone. Then they give you about 2 weeks to make sales or they fire you. There is no support in the process and you're pretty much on your own.

Negotiation

I said start me at $15 and I'll work here. Karl said see you Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Armstrong Steel (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Called, Interviewed and hired the same day. Not hard at all to get in because the turnover rate is really high. Karl just asked me a few questions and he told me I start on Monday. I asked about compensation and it sounded really good and he told me that the people that work there make a lot of money. Basically, he told me that if I'm good it's definitely possible to earn over 100k! Not true at all. I should have been careful but he was good on selling their company for me to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Armstrong Steel (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO).

Interview

The whole time he just talked about how much money he made and how great the company was. He didn't seem to care about anything about me at all. So it was the easiest interview I have ever had!

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Armstrong Steel.

Interview

Group interview - they hire pretty much anyone with a sales background. Especially, if you are out of a job. They tell you about the company, the position, etc. They bring in a couple of managers and take you on a tour and then call you the same or next day.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to sell a pencil for $500?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. You make minimum wage with potential for commission.