Arthur Rutenberg Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Arthur Rutenberg Homes Interview Questions

2.8

Interior Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Arthur Rutenberg Homes (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Interviewed with COO of company and person who would be my direct supervisor. Mostly asked about my sales experience and how I was able to up sale to customers. Very friendly interviewers. Interview lasted about one hour. They asked what I felt was an appropriate salary. They explained the upward mobility available within the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any commission based jobs before? How were you able to up sale customers in that job?   1 Answer

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arthur Rutenberg Homes (Clearwater, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume to the job ad and the next day I received a phone call, which consisted of a phone interview with the VP. After the phone interview he sent me a personality test and a skills/logic test, which I completed at home. A week and half later I was called for a in-person interview with the VP and the current HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your payroll processing experience.   1 Answer

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arthur Rutenberg Homes (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2014.

Interview

Sent in application via online and dropped off hard copy at office. Did not hear back after several weeks and left messages. Dropped in and caught staff member that told me they hired someone they were fairly far down field with when I applied. The job opening remained online several months and I called again to learn a new opening came up again. Applied again with new appl and references and was offered an online test. Took test (personality type questions) and was called in for 1st interview with VP construction- over an hr, went well. Called in for 2nd interview with franchise owner who seemed negative- focused on specific exp I didn't have (commercial vs residential). He had decided before the interview, I believe.

Interview Questions

• Write out complete home building process step by step by hand, on the spot, on this pad.- 1st interview.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arthur Rutenberg Homes in March 2008.

Interview

I applied online for the advertised position. I received a quick response via email that someone would be in touch with me. I then took a skills test and a personality test online. Once I passed those, I was called and had a short phone interview after which I was invited to come in for an interview. I went to the office and had a one on one interview with the Sales Broker. She asked me general questions about my experience and my desire to succeed in a commission based environment. The pay was $36,000 base plus commission.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. You can always try based on your experience.