Associated Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Associated Bank

2.8

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Bank (Chicago, IL) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It did not feel nerve wrecking. It felt relaxed and not like you are being pressure. The questions were easy to answer. Give yourself time to hear the questions and answer them the best way you can

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you will be a good fit for the company?   Answer Question

Universal Banker Float Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Bank (New York, NY) in November 2019.

Interview

Just going to preface, this is about the garbage assessment. They clearly don't seem to care about qualifications.

Applied and recieved a request for an assessment. 120 personality based question which is very standard. After that you do around 40 very odd and meaningless questions. The task is to select two situations out of a group of 4 that would frustrate/anger you or make you uncomfortable. Of course, none of them will accurately fit a good worker. It's all about selecting the "right" answer for the algorithm to score you with their preferred percentile. Anyone with any sense of leadership would realize just how effective these types of questionnaires are. Although, I suppose this bank did not get the memo. I took it, and no more than 3 minutes after submitting, I was declined. To me, that says "The computer says you're this type of person, and we have no desire to review your application or qualifications." which is wrong. Having 5 years of customer service, 5 of cash handling, and 3 years management you'd think I'd be qualified for one that wants significantly less. It is no wonder why the position has been open for over 30 days. The worst part? In the decline email it says you cannot apply again for an entire year. If that is the "HR" making that choice, I can only imagine how bad upper management is. Glad I didn't have to waste my time. I don't know if I can handle yet another disappointing job, like this would would certainly turn out to be.

I am more mad I wasted time. Even went out of my way to fill out their terrible application multiple times due to drafting issues. Trash UX both in the career section and customer side.

Really don't recommend, it appears they don't even pay close to standard in the industry. Which, now reflecting on the situational questions, maybe they didn't like that I selected pay/incentive based answers? It was that or say I would be angered by being nice to customers, but can't expect a computer to understand that decision.

Interview Questions

• 120 personality based via assessment, then 40 situational based. The situational based are to select 2 that would most anger/frustrate or make you uncomfortable out of a group of 4. All of which are repetitive, redundant, and ineffective. Good luck, and don't forget to choose the "right" answers.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Bank (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2019.

Interview

First there way a phone interview with HR then one with the manager in your field. Finally, there was an assessment day with more interviews. Overall, the process was not bad.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Associated Bank.

Interview

My hiring manager already knew me and had multiple references, so my interview process was fairly informal. I had several meetings with both the segment leader as well as the head marketing person; which was followed by a more formal interview in the office, during which I was able to meet the whole team.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my experience and responsibilities at previous institution and what I was looking to gain by moving.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Associated Bank (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. The first initial recruiter was very nice. She seemed really interested as she called, text, emailed and sent a LinkedIn message to get my attention. We scheduled a time. I had to text her to remind her since she wasn’t calling at the agreed time. She said she lost track of time. She told me about the position and asked me a few questions to screen me. She said she would schedule a formal interview with a senior recruiter. The senior recruiter called me and didn’t interview me. She screened me again, which was already done by the previous recruiter. She then scheduled a formal interview. She called me 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time asking if we had something scheduled, because she did not see it on her calendar. After confirming, she then said she would call me back shortly so she could prepare to interview me and our interview would need to be short because she accidentally double booked herself. Did the interview with her and I sent her a thank you email afterwards. She did not respond. A week later she calls leaving me message saying we had an interview scheduled and to give her a call back. I called her back to let her know there was no interview scheduled and turns out she accidentally called me. Instead of giving me an update she quickly hung up. I was disappointed with the experience as Associated Bank seems to hold a positive influence on the community and I feel that my background would have been a great fit.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in De Pere, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Bank (De Pere, WI).

Interview

The entire process was quick, professional, and very tempting. I was offered a position but didn’t accept. The only reason is because I have more PTO with my current company. Otherwise, I have no complaints. The recruiter was responsive and knowledgeable. The interview with the hiring manager and peer was unconventional but interesting. Thank you Associated for giving me a good experience. I’m sorry we couldn’t make it work out.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked a project end to end.   Answer Question

Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Bank.

Interview

The interview process was very standard. I had about a 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter, and a 1 hour in person interview with the hiring manager. The questions were what you would expect for the position.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Residential Loan Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Associated Bank (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2019.

Interview

Prior to interviewing, I received an email from the HR recruiter requesting a good time for an initial conversation. I emailed her back within 5 minutes of the initial email, followed by another one a week later with zero response. It took a close contact of mine within the company reaching out to her in order to receive a response. Negative start, but still thought I'd entertain the opportunity given my newfound referral by an Associated employee. My interview started off with an informal introduction to the bank, followed by a formal phone interview with the same HR associate about a week later. That same day I did receive a call from a hiring manager inviting me to an interview at the downtown Milwaukee office. When I arrived, I received the classic interview "bait and switch". I expected to be interviewed by one, but was interviewed by two. The most professional interviews I have attended have included a specific itinerary of the meeting, without surprises to follow. That being said, I expected them to respect the element of surprise enough to not use intimidating interview tactics. Well, they did anyway. My professional experience compared to the requirements for this entry level role far exceeded the basic qualifications. Still, I was met with very awkward silences, unnecessary refutations and rebuttals to my answers that were quite inappropriate and made me feel uncomfortable the entire time. I consider myself a skilled conversationalist when met with those who can adapt and relate to different people, but these folks clearly wanted to turn this interview into a power trip for them. I answered their questions thoroughly with quality answers and personal examples, and had zero problems admitting if something they mentioned I didn't have prior experience with. To add to the awkwardness, I was told immediately after the interview that I would be walked downstairs and have my $10 parking ticket validated. Instead, I was walked to the elevator and I paid for parking myself. I have never walked out of an interview feeling so strange about what had just happened. I immediately followed up with both interviewers, as well as an appreciative email to the HR associate. I was told in person that no matter what I would hear back within 2 weeks. Roughly 3 weeks later, the covid-19 effects began to affect most American lives. I reached out once again through email and explained I understood this could affect their hiring process and wished them good health, but wanted to know where I stand in all this. I did the same with the HR associate and the hiring managers another month or month and a half later. I received ZERO response from anybody. During this time, I had interviewed, received an offer and had begun training with Chase in a much more elevated role. The last email to Associated I mentioned I did send after my Chase offer, just to see if anybody would take 30 seconds to write an email back, however.. nothing. Only the other day did I receive the automated and safe "you have not been selected for this role" response... I laughed. I hope this helps others dodge the bullet from having to work under these extremely unprofessional individuals.

**Associated is a great bank and wonderfully respected company in the community. My experience with these hiring managers and HR associate has no reflection on my opinion of the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult consumer loan situation and how you were able to turn it around for them.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Associated Bank.

Interview

The process began with an initial phone screening with a recruiter. Afterwards, there was a second round interview with a representative from the CRE division. The final round in-person interview was with 2 members of the CRE team. Overall, very standard interview questions and a lot of conversation about your resume/experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you faced a challenge in a group setting? What did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Line Risk Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Bank.

Interview

Applied for role Business Line Risk Senior Analyst online. Few weeks after the application, I received an e-mail from a recruiter for an interview invite. It was very strange that the e-mail was a no reply e-mail. I have never seen such process where a recruiter reaches to a candidate via a no-reply e-mail and expects a phone call. I do not understand why a company makes it difficult for the candidates to reach out to them. I still picked up the phone, called and left a voice mail as instructed - twice. I never heard back. This just tells shows how poorly the entire recruitment process is managed. It is unfortunate that they might be skipping a lot of talent because of this process.