Associated British Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Associated British Foods Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

3.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated British Foods.

Interview

Overall, good interview experience. The process was quite lengthy with long periods of time between the stages, but the company were really great with keeping you informed the whole way with regular contact from them saying "we haven't forgotten about you, sorry to keep you waiting!"

Stages:
    - Online application
    - Numeracy/ personality tests
    - Video interview
    - Assessment Centre: 2 days involving a meal with the assessors and fellow candidates the night before, following the assessment centre the day after

Interview Questions

• - Why ABF/ why this role/ what can you bring to it/ tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

ABF Grocery Supply Chain Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Associated British Foods (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, followed by invitation to complete SHL tests.

Video interview with 5/6 pre-recorded questions (mostly behavioural questions).

Then invited to an assessment centre. This spanned 2 days, with a tour of the manufacturing site and then an evening meal with assessors and current graduates. The next day was the formal assessment centre, consisting of behavioural, motivational and situational interviews, as well as a case study and group exercise.

Received feedback and result within 24 hours. Whole application process was very enjoyable - you can really see that the assessors and other staff fit the company culture and it allows to be more comfortable throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• When have you persuaded others to agree on your opinion/idea?
      When have you taken a risk?
      When have you handled/manipulated lots of data?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why ABF and why supply chain?

Graduate Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated British Foods.

Interview

I applied online for the graduate supply chain scheme got an email a few weeks after the deadline to arrange a phone a interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward and the interviewer did try to put me at ease. The key is to do your research on the company and show passion for wanting to work in FMCG. They got me to be pretty quick and I recieved good feedback to improve my interview skills.

Interview Questions

• Why abf? What do you know about us? What will you bring to our company?   Answer Question

Customer Development Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated British Foods (Peterborough, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took around 2 and a half months in total from the online application to hearing the results - this included:
    - Initial application (CV and questions)
    - Online tests and personality questionnaire
    - Video interview (pre-recorded)
    - Assessment centre (evening meal and hotel stay the night before - all covered by the company, then a full day of interviews/assessments)

A great experience all round - the company are very invested in their candidates and they showed extraordinary effort in making sure we got a valuable experience and felt as comfortable as possible throughout.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career going in the next 10 years?
      Why do you want to work for ABF?
      Why do you want to work in sales?

Supply Chain Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated British Foods in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, followed by numeracy and oral reasoning tests. Then a video interview and finally an Assessment Centre. Online application and tests were very standard, not too difficult and received a response to both within 2 working days. Video interview was more difficult, and had to complete within three working days, which was difficult with my schedule, and it was unable to be rearranged.

Interview Questions

• During the Video Interview I was asked:
      What is the achievement you are most proud of?
      Name a time you made a mistake that affected others. How did you react to this?
      Name a time where everything seemed to go wrong at once. How did you react to this?
      Name a time when somebody vigorously disagreed with you. How did you deal with this?

Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

Interview

An online application form asking: Why ABF? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
    Online tests: Verbal and numerical reasoning and OPQ
    Video Interview with about 7 questions, including: Describe a time you made a mistake that affected others and what did you do? What is your greatest achievement? Describe a time you had to persuade someone of your idea, considering personal relationship.
    In the video interview you have a few seconds to prepare an answer before having 1-3 minutes for your response to be recorded

Quite quick in moving onto the next stage apart from leaving it quite late to let me know that I wasn't successful in getting to the assessment centre which made work arrangements difficult.

Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated British Foods (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Standard SHL aptitude tests followed by automatic online video interview. Verbal and mathematical reasoning tests were reasonably difficult so make sure you prepare, especially for the mathematical one. Following this the video interview was done using the automatic recording system online that is very popular these days. Your standard competency based questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• General competency questions, tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you did to correct it, tell me about a time you had to negotiate with your manager.   1 Answer

Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Associated British Foods in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Marketing Graduate Scheme late October, and after a quick application form I was invited to the usual online verbal and numerical tests which I successfully passed. Then I was contacted by a third party company which does the recruiting for ABF graduates and I was invited to a recorded video interview. The interview was competency based and of average difficult. After that, it took them 3 months to inform me of the outcome of my interview which was quite frustrating. I understand that graduate scheme recruitment process takes considerable time, but 3 months for a yes or no seems too much. They kept sending me e-mails saying that by x time they will inform me etc but at the end they apologised for the delay and kept saying that they will come back to me asap.

Graduate Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Associated British Foods in November 2016.

Interview

Standard application process with numerical testing etc. Then a short video interview asking to give examples of time you'd done XYZ. Only problem was how long they take to get back to you, interview was in November received an email saying they would get back to me by December, then January, then end of January and never ended up hearing back.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you have identify a change that needed made and how you persuaded people to implement that change.   Answer Question

Customer Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated British Foods in October 2016.

Interview

Online application. Numerical and verbal reasoning with a personality test. Average difficulty. Automated video interview; competency questions and why the role. Do your research on the role and company. Staff were friendly and the process itself was the quickest I've had.