Associated Electric Cooperative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.8

Principal Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy interview only problem they lied to me on most of the questions I asked kind of not very personable. The panel kept everyone on task and very rigid. The interview should have been more technical in nature as it didn't cover any real control issues I really believe they wanted a body to fill the position not someone that knows the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable be careful what job they offer you kind of hard to negotiate pay when they hire you then give you a promotion for the same pay

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative (Springfield, MO).

Interview

Was contacted via email to schedule an interview. Interviewed onsite with hr and two engineers. Questions were mostly behavioral and to check that I researched company culture. Looking for answers in the star format. Interview lasted about an hour. Heard back within two weeks

Interview Questions

• What do you know about aeci. Best if you get an understanding of the cooperative business model.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative in November 2014.

Interview

I only had a phone interview with a engineering supervisor and HR rep. It was only 30 minutes long. They mainly asked about my coursework and school projects. I later toured the facility, after having already accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• What have you learned from your difficulties/failures during your time at university?   Answer Question

Programming Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative in December 2013.

Interview

Applied November 2013, was contacted within the Month.
    First did a Phone Interview With a Manager (Basic Questions about OOP, general programming experience questions)
    Then did a quick programming test in C#, was very simple, took less than an hour to complete.
    Overall very easy and quick experience.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative in July 2013.

Interview

Initial call from human resources to setup a phone interview with two managers and one human resource employee. I called in for the interview and the human resource person was very nice. Only one of the managers was on the call. He was not very nice. Given that he was not nice and the other manager could not join--I lost interest in the position right away. However, gaining interview experience is good so I proceeded. The human resource person went over my resume. The IT manager asked some technical questions. Later I sent a message to human resources asking them to remove my name from consideration.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 Active Directory. What are the differences between Exchange 2003 and 2010.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative (Springfield, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

A formal process with peers, HR and department manager gathered to speak to me. It was followed up with a nice lunch and more dialogue about myself and the job.

Programming Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative (Springfield, MO) in February 2013.

Interview

Panel review interview which can be intimidating. HR as well as team members you will be working with will question you on your abilities. You do get the chance to ask questions so be prepared to ask a few.

Interview Questions

• Generic technical questions which can possibly have the generic answer of "it depends"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation flat hourly rate.

Safety Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Associated Electric Cooperative (Springfield, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

The company first contacted me beginning of the year and requested my transcripts. We had a career fair at my school and I went and spoke to the human resource lady and introduced myself officially. The school career office called me and told me that I have a scheduled interview with them the next morning.

Question they asked were your greatest weakness and strengths. How would your professor describe you.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer
    • What is your best class?   1 Answer