Associated Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.2

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

AWG acquired our location ten years ago. Even though they kept everyone at the time, it was just a formality. Just basic information given and at the time it became business as usual.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to continue in your present position?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to transfer to another location if needed?   1 Answer

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Garden City, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

it didn't go far as they don't give any benefits for two years and i cut the interview off. I told the interviewer that I would have to decline the job because they have no benefits or insurance for two years and they sent me an e-mail saying I did not qualify for their job. I am more than qualified !!! I turned them down and did not waste their time because I knew I could not take a job w/out insurance!!!

Interview Questions

• what did i know about them?   1 Answer

Shipping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Very interesting. Toured the warehouse. Two interviews in one setting. Asked many questions some unanswered. No feedback on decision. Was upfront and felt they didn't feel my sincerity. Don't know what I could have done differently. Would reapply again soon.

Order Selector Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers in September 2016.

Interview

Had a group interview and then they said they would call me back for a second interview and turns out that was a drug test so be warned they will drug test you on the second interview.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kansas City, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

The manager described the position and talked about the different tasks. The manager gave a brief overview of the whole industry and told why it is an interesting industry. Also the manager talked about the company, the benefits and future career opportunities they have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you previous experience.   1 Answer

Traffic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kansas City, KS) in December 2014.

Interview

Took forever for someone to call and schedule interview time. Never spoke with the Human Resources department except on the phone and she didn't have a clue. Poor communication between departments.

Interview Questions

• Can you work a varied schedule?   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kansas City, KS) in March 2013.

Interview

I was asked standard questions such as general ledger entries and data entry questions that are usually asked in all accounting interviews. Accounts payable and accounts rcvble questions were also asked. Inventory review and recon, again pretty standard. Member statement recon. Customer service question and answers.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers.

Interview

Make personal contact, submit resume, follow up with HR. Phone interview, personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I explained up front what was important to my family. The process was fast and efficient. I was made an offer that had all I expected and accepted.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kansas City, MO) in October 2009.

Interview

I responded to an online advertisement via email. After not receiving a response for 2 weeks I followed up with another email and a phone call. 2 days later I received an email from the hiring manger asking for an time to do a phone interview. Which was followed by setting up a in-person interview. Following the in-person I followed up every week since (which has been 4 weeks) with no response from either the HR contact or the hiring manager.
    Interview was very by-the-book. Very structured, typical interview questions like "Tell me about your hardest client experience and how you resolved"

Interview Questions

• Every question was very typical. But one of the interesting ones was when the interviewer pointed to a random picture in my portfolio and asked me to "sell" her that design.   Answer Question