Associated Wholesale Grocers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Sort:

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

AWG acquired our location ten years ago. Even though they kept everyone at the time, it was just a formality. Just basic information given and at the time it became business as usual.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to continue in your present position?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to transfer to another location if needed?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kansas City, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

The manager described the position and talked about the different tasks. The manager gave a brief overview of the whole industry and told why it is an interesting industry. Also the manager talked about the company, the benefits and future career opportunities they have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you previous experience.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kansas City, KS) in March 2013.

Interview

I was asked standard questions such as general ledger entries and data entry questions that are usually asked in all accounting interviews. Accounts payable and accounts rcvble questions were also asked. Inventory review and recon, again pretty standard. Member statement recon. Customer service question and answers.

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kansas City, MO) in October 2009.

Interview

I responded to an online advertisement via email. After not receiving a response for 2 weeks I followed up with another email and a phone call. 2 days later I received an email from the hiring manger asking for an time to do a phone interview. Which was followed by setting up a in-person interview. Following the in-person I followed up every week since (which has been 4 weeks) with no response from either the HR contact or the hiring manager.
    Interview was very by-the-book. Very structured, typical interview questions like "Tell me about your hardest client experience and how you resolved"

Interview Questions

• Every question was very typical. But one of the interesting ones was when the interviewer pointed to a random picture in my portfolio and asked me to "sell" her that design.   Answer Question

Shipping Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

Very interesting. Toured the warehouse. Two interviews in one setting. Asked many questions some unanswered. No feedback on decision. Was upfront and felt they didn't feel my sincerity. Don't know what I could have done differently. Would reapply again soon.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Garden City, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

it didn't go far as they don't give any benefits for two years and i cut the interview off. I told the interviewer that I would have to decline the job because they have no benefits or insurance for two years and they sent me an e-mail saying I did not qualify for their job. I am more than qualified !!! I turned them down and did not waste their time because I knew I could not take a job w/out insurance!!!

Interview Questions

• what did i know about them?   1 Answer

Order Selector Interview

Interview

Basically if they call or email you back you got the job cause they hiring almost frequently people are quitting every day or getting hurt it’s a physical job. If you willing to work then the job is for you

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kenosha, WI) in September 2018.

Interview

I filled out the application through the company but they sent me to the temp company down the street, interview was the next day, a week long presentation. Management was great and understandable

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kenosha, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

You'll show up at AWG, there will most likely be a line of people interviewing the same day as you. They hire many people at a time to fill orientation dates. I was asked about prior experience, they didn't check references, I was asked when I can start, I was asked if I have any issues with heavy lifting. Offered the job on the spot. If they say they'll call you, then you didn't get the job. They will also drug test you (urine sample) on the spot right after the interview. The test is instant. You will most likely start the following Monday if all goes well.

Anonymous Employee in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Associated Wholesale Grocers (Kenosha, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

I sat down and gave some information about myself. I had a lot to say so there was not much opportunity for the interviewer to throw questions at me. I definitely oversold myself since I was there dressed up as though I was getting an administrative position yet others that were there for the interview were dressed in sweats and a sweater. They also got the job. They just needed as many order selectors as possible so they really took anyone who could pass a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer