Aston University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aston University Interview Questions

Student Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aston University.

Interview

Group exercise, where a situation was given to analyse and decide as a group what action to take in that situation.
    And then decide which route to take as an ambassador for campus tours and present your groups idea to the rest of the group.

Engagement Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aston University in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process involved submitting an online application and attending an interview. Unusually, they asked each interviewee to prepare a presentation on their programme at the first interview stage.
    As the job description did not include presenting, I found it odd it would be required for such a low-level job and when there were at least 6 other interviewees in the first stage.

After the interview, the panel promised to let me know within 3-days whether I was successful, however over 1 week later I still hadn't heard anything. I found this particularly rude, as I had taken the time to research, prepare and deliver an interview on their programme.

PhD Studentship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Aston University (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied via form and with cv and covering letter requested by PI. Was shortlisted quickly. Attended one formal interview where I did a short presentation of previous work experience to my two potential supervisors, head of department and Professor of laboratory. Would have received a lab tour, like other candidates on the day but previously worked in that lab so did not need one. Quickly received an offer the following day by informal phone call.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aston University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

You will be interviewed onside by 3-4 senior researchers. They will ask you what you have done, your previous experiences, your plan for the future research at Aston and so on. They will also ask you about how you will work with other postdocs and PhDs.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle interest conflict within your group?
      What would you do if you don't have equipment you need?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase.

Digital Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aston University (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

Had a telephone interview about my experience and was then invited to a face to face interview asked about my experiences in more detail and how I felt my skills were relevent to the role. I also had to do a proof reading test to ensure that I could spot mistakes when reading copy.