Atlantic Records Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atlantic Records Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2017

2.3

A&R Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Atlantic Records in April 2017.

Interview

I reached out through industry connections and luckily got a phone interview. After the phone interview, they setup a skype interview. I was reached out to a week later saying that I had the job.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records in May 2016.

Interview

I first submitted my resume through my school's career website. A few days later someone from HR called me and asked what genre of music I would be interested in working in (pop, urban, alternative, etc) and what kind of departments I would want to work for (marketing, sales, design, photography, etc). From there, they forwarded my resume along to the proper department, and made a recommendation about which people the department should reach out to (I found out about this part later on from my supervisor).

Once the department received my resume, they reached out through email to schedule an interview. Since I was not in the city, I scheduled a phone interview with three members for the department. It lasted no more than 20 minutes, and was very casual. It sounded like they just wanted to get a feel for my personality. It was also a good opportunity to ask questions! Everyone was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to work at Atlantic? Who are your favorite artists?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Two phone screenings and then an "in person" interview...since I couldn't make it there, I had a Skype interview with two people, one who had already talked to me on the phone. The interview was pretty basic, and they asked me about some of the things on my resume, so be prepared to expand on your previous experience. Some other questions: Why Atlantic/why are you interested in sales? Who's your favorite Atlantic artist? What kind of music do you like?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was brief and over the phone. There were several assistant on the phone and it was a group interview. I submitted an application online and sent my resume. They were very friendly and straightforward about what I would need to submit to start working as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why Atlantic Records? Could you talk about your interest in music?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and human-to-human. We discussed my interests and the relation of my studies to the internship itself. We also discussed my music preferences and what I see myself doing in the industry after graduation. I was introduced to the rest of the department staff and sat down with four different people over the course of an afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What is your ultimate music industry dream?   2 Answers

Music Caree Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (Houston, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

They ask me a few questions. Then they told me to read the following link below. Also, I told them what I was applying for. I told them my name. Answered all the questions respectfully. Showed my best behavior on the job interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me for my salary   1 Answer

Urban Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through EntertainmentCareers and received an email about 2-3 weeks later scheduling an interview. The interview was cool, and pretty straight forward. I was offered the position within two days after the interview. Unfortunately, I had to decline because of my sophomore ranking in school I couldn't provide a letter stating I would be receiving academic credit.

Interview Questions

• Who are some of your favorite Atlantic Records artists and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

super informal , simple questions . was more about getting to know each other
    they are super relaxed in the office everyone was in jeans , sneakers etc . interview was super easy not intimidating at all. The office building is huge and that was intimidating but as long as you keep it together you will be fine.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview because of time we could not meet our scheduled interview in person. It was about 10-15 minutes on the phone discussing what the internship was going to be like and questions about why I wanted this position. Took about a month long process. HR reached out then a few weeks later my supervisor reached out and the phone interview occurred at our scheduled time and I was hired an hour later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this department's internship and what type of artists are you into?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Straight forward, behavioral. Asked about interests in music and why Atlantic Records. They really try gauge if you'll fit in with the workplace more so than your qualifications. Many smart people working there, and many less-intelligent people as well.