Atlantic Records Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Atlantic Records

2.3

College Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (Raleigh, NC) in August 2008.

Interview

I was recommended for the position, I emailed my resume in to the National College Coordinator. I was contacted in 2-3 days after sending in my info (i contact so face because I was highly recommended and she was expecting to hear from me). I had an phone interview that lasted about 20 mins. I was told right then and there I was hired. Lesson of my story... In this business its about who you know!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Atlantic Records   1 Answer

Negotiation

I

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called after the month after I applied, called into an interview with creative director. Was called back for a second interview a week later meet other designers. Was offered the job and started a month later.

Interview Questions

• Both interviews were very casual and comfortable. I think they were looking for an overall vibe rather than just specific answers to questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then met with two supervisors, then met with the whole team. Asked the general questions, nothing too out of the blue.The supervisors were very informative in discussing what the role is, the company culture, what can be expected, the kind of growth, etc. It seems like a great company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Atlantic?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview

Basic phone interview process. They make it seem like an exciting offer, but I'm pretty sure like 90% of applicants get phone interviews. Super generic questions but the woman was nice.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was brief and over the phone. There were several assistant on the phone and it was a group interview. I submitted an application online and sent my resume. They were very friendly and straightforward about what I would need to submit to start working as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why Atlantic Records? Could you talk about your interest in music?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview because of time we could not meet our scheduled interview in person. It was about 10-15 minutes on the phone discussing what the internship was going to be like and questions about why I wanted this position. Took about a month long process. HR reached out then a few weeks later my supervisor reached out and the phone interview occurred at our scheduled time and I was hired an hour later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this department's internship and what type of artists are you into?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and human-to-human. We discussed my interests and the relation of my studies to the internship itself. We also discussed my music preferences and what I see myself doing in the industry after graduation. I was introduced to the rest of the department staff and sat down with four different people over the course of an afternoon.

Interview Questions

• What is your ultimate music industry dream?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Atlantic Records (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

I sent in my application in early October for their Atlantic internship program and received an email a few weeks later to schedule a phone interview with the program recruiter. The phone call was a typical phone interview to asking about my music tastes, availability and whether I would be able to receive credit for the internship since it’s not paid.

I didn’t receive a follow-up email for a second phone interview with my future supervisor until January. The questions were similar to the first one and focused more on Atlantic. A week later I was given an offer though email.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed through a phone call. Basic questions about myself and my experience. The conversation then shifted toward a chat about music, music industry recent events, and my work ethic.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Atlantic Records.

Interview

Finding open positions at the company was nearly impossible until I stumbled upon their hiring website (which is unadvertised and almost hidden, I assume because of the amount of applications they receive). The questionnaire was quite detailed and took between a half hour to an hour to complete. After that I had two phone interviews and was notified within about two weeks of my last interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were actually quite simple. There was nothing out of the ordinary and every question was specific to either my history, or why I was interested in the company (more specifically that department).   Answer Question