Atlas Air Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Atlas Air Worldwide Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Atlas Air Worldwide

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Brief and pleasant phone interview before being invited to the eight hour assessment day. The assessment day started with an introduction of both Atlas Air and the flight attendant staffing company, Flight Services International. There were approximately 50 people at my assessment day, and we were broken into random groups of ten people each. We first were asked to introduced ourselves individually prior to engaging in a group exercise and presenting our findings. After the group project there was a nice catered lunch while we waited to be called for our one on one interviews. While waiting we had to fill out a massive application, including all employment history for ten years, leaving no gaps, and having to copy twice the last two years of employment history. The one on one interview was a breeze, both Atlas Air representatives being very kind and welcoming. I received a call saying I was selected for the position a few days later (Only 22 were selected total). I went in to take the background and drug test on Wednesday and said I would be notified before the weekend if there were any issues with the results. On Thursday/Friday I got two acceptance letters confirming and congratulating me on being one of the few selected for the position, as well as a link to fill out my w2 and other contractual employment forms, and was informed I would receive my travel arrangements for training about 2-3 days before departure. I put in my week notice that I will be vacating my current job and begin to make arrangements for the trip, as well a study a large booklet of study material that needed to be complete prior to leaving for training. Later that weekend, Sunday Mother's day afternoon at 2:30p, I received an unexpected phone call from Atlas saying I would need to be at 8a on Tuesday morning to take another urine. I informed them that I would try to find coverage for my shift on such short notice, but I still had to work that final week per my employment agreement. I could not find coverage until Thursday at 8am, so they ended up giving my position away and now I am left without a job. Aside from leaving me in a very compromising financial situation, the interview process was great.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position? Where do you see yourself in five years? What is your biggest concern if you accept this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Houston, TX).

Interview

The decision makers want young people (mainly) with little or no experience as flight attendants so they can not compare their working conditions with previous airlines who have a union.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process Was Really Drawn Out. We Started At 8 Sharp They Went Over A lot Of Information About The Company Then We Were Put Into Groups To Do A Activity. After The Started One On One Interviews While The Rest Filled Out Applicagions . The One On One Interviews Were Nerve Racking I Ended Up Missing The Job Opportunity By Mis Answering One Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

You send in your resume, go to Texas on your dime and interview with 30 + others. They make you feel like you already got the position so that you will make the trip almost 80 % of the candidates were from out of town maybe half of them were prior or current FA for other companies. There was a veteran there on the day I was interviewed and she didn't get the position. I am a current FA and didn't get the position. They both made us feel like we were such strong candidates. Seemed like an awesome opportunity guess they just didn't like day two crew so much.

Interview Questions

• They were easy questions. Normal FA interview questions   Answer Question

Pilot, B747 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Miami, FL).

Interview

1) Essay - Topic Unknown but count on it to be geared toward Aviation/FAA Regs.
    2) Resume Review - Will question your work history, education, licenses and ratings.
    3) Technical - Will review incorrect questions from your online technical exam.
    4) HR - "What would you do if?" Type Questions. Why Atlas? Etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

CANNOT negotiate on aircraft type, B747 or B767.
    Expect HSV or ANC base as a new hire. JFK is shriking and may not be attainable for a long time. IAH is super senior!

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Purchase, NY).

Interview

Went pretty smoothly 2 rounds that were relatively close together.

Interview Questions

• Asked nitty gritty questions about excel abilities - I found it difficult to talk about in generalities without going through a specific model.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not a lot of room for negotiation. Minimal amount of salary negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Raleigh, NC) in July 2012.

Interview

There was a group interview to determine height and weight proportions. They also let everyone know about the company and experiences they would experienceand a general overview of what they might expect.

Interview Questions

• My favorite question was how do you feel about waering a uniform. I really like looking professional and uniforn.   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Purchase, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

It was with an agency and we are in the beginning process

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my first job after college which I do not include on my resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Atlas Air Worldwide (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Get a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Get invited to F2F in Houston. They don't pay for flight or hotel. They invited me on a Friday, my interview was on Monday.
    So I had to pay a lot for my airfare. Started with group interview then played group activity/game. Then had lunch provided by Atlas. Then had one on one.
    Waited 2 weeks to finally get cjo.