Austin Focus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austin Focus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2017

1.9

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

Called to try and set up an interview, I gave them a ball park as to when I would be in tow. Called 3 times the week before I was in Austin and emailed/called about 5 times while I was in Austin. No answer. The day I left, I received a call with them telling me I had a week before my application was no longer valid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It is a sales job, don't be fooled by the title nor description. Your salary will depend on your sales.
    I received an email saying my resume looked great and that they'd be in touch. They call you in pretty quickly.
    The manager, Kate or Catie, was nice. She dresses up the position, but does wanna know if you like sales...

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position? What interests you about it?   Answer Question

Aug 18, 2017 – Owner

Here at The Austin Focus, we have a three round interview process, as we want to make sure we find the right fit for each position with us. When conducting an interview, we will illustrate the... More

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied on zip recruiter and heard back from them quickly. They asked to set up a phone interview with the secretary that was pleasant and not very challenging. I then moved on to the next round for an in person interview with the president which went very well. All of the people I spoke with were very personable.

Public Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on Indeed early in the week and I received a call for an interview a few days lasted. The first round of the interview was easy and lasted maybe 15 minutes. Since I was from out of town and had to get back home, I moved on to the second round interview which was basically me shadowing an employee. This also consisted of a mini interview. After that was over, I was told that I would receive a phone call if I made it to the third and final round. I received thy call, but the interview was scheduled for Labor Day. I tried calling back and even emailing to get clarification, but I never heard from this company again.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself long-term?   1 Answer

Jun 12, 2017 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process. Our interviews do consist of first round, second round, and third round interviews so that we can find the best fit applicant for our team as... More

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Three round interview process.
    First was short and simple. Explanation of job essentials, Q & A, discussion of resume.
    Second was on site at Sam's Club viewing a marketing booth, the first portion of the position.
    Third was a final interview reviewing the second interview, and discussing job salary, along with further Q & A.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

After reviewing your application they will call you and ask basic questions and (maybe) schedule an interview in the office. That is followed by three rounds of interviews: 1) get-to-know interview at office; 2) meet at an event where a second person will interview you and inform you about the company; 3) at the office you will take a short quiz about what you learned at the event from interviewer AND share more info about yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Client Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Entered a very old building filled with 'not doing so well' law firms only to find a few offices in the back filled with motivational sales slogans and a tv playing pandora. "We're like totally modern", it said to me. The interviewer has obviously done so many of these interviews selling people a job that no one really actually wants to be in that she rolls her eyes anytime she answers a question about what to expect in this role. 10/10 would not recommend. I'm glad I checked out glassdoor so I could see this is a dated marketing company that hasn't really evolved, and convinces people to work for them with empty promises. Gross!

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with the fact that not everyone that is told they'd become management can actually become management based off of their performance?   1 Answer

Feb 28, 2017 – Owner

The Austin Focus is an on-site interactive events company who provides promotional solutions for Fortune 500 clients. Our team members are excited each day to provide our clients with marketing... More

Junior Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very pedestrian. I was expecting it to be more professional. Interviewer spoke very fast and fumbled over her words. Furthermore, she repeated several questions, of which, I answered with the same answer.

Interview Questions

• What I would like to make? What time of maanger am I? Am I okay with working weekends?   Answer Question

Feb 28, 2017 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback about our interview process. We are sorry your interview was less than satisfactory. During our interview process we strive to find the best fit for our company by asking... More

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

They were very quick to follow up and make the job sound way better than it is. If you miss their call then send like a million emails. The interview itself isn't bad but the job is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very bubbly and interested interviewer. The issue comes not from the interview itself, but from the bait and switch tactics found through this company. If you check Linkedin there are tens of posts all with different titles from this company and all point to the same thing - real marketing experience. However, when interviewing it becomes clear very fast that it is instead a sales position in which you will be placed in a Costco/Sams club and sell on a daily basis.

The quoted salary for this position was a base pay with commission for the first 6-9 months. During that time you will make "$400-$700 a month" and within 6-9 you will be promoted to an "Executive position" where your pay range could be anywhere from "$65k-125k". The President who interviewed me stated shes seen people do this in "As little as 3 1/2 months."

The interview is a 3 day process. First is a 15 minute interview with the President of the company. Second was an on the scene interview. Third is a more in depth interview. I was called back for the second phase and turned it down.

Interview Questions

Austin Focus Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback about our bubbly and interested interviewer. We are in fact an on-site interactive events company who provides promotional solutions for Fortune 500 clients. At the... More