Austin Focus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Austin Focus Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

After reviewing your application they will call you and ask basic questions and (maybe) schedule an interview in the office. That is followed by three rounds of interviews: 1) get-to-know interview at office; 2) meet at an event where a second person will interview you and inform you about the company; 3) at the office you will take a short quiz about what you learned at the event from interviewer AND share more info about yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Junior Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very pedestrian. I was expecting it to be more professional. Interviewer spoke very fast and fumbled over her words. Furthermore, she repeated several questions, of which, I answered with the same answer.

Interview Questions

• What I would like to make? What time of maanger am I? Am I okay with working weekends?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Austin Focus.

Interview

They were very quick to follow up and make the job sound way better than it is. If you miss their call then send like a million emails. The interview itself isn't bad but the job is.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very bubbly and interested interviewer. The issue comes not from the interview itself, but from the bait and switch tactics found through this company. If you check Linkedin there are tens of posts all with different titles from this company and all point to the same thing - real marketing experience. However, when interviewing it becomes clear very fast that it is instead a sales position in which you will be placed in a Costco/Sams club and sell on a daily basis.

The quoted salary for this position was a base pay with commission for the first 6-9 months. During that time you will make "$400-$700 a month" and within 6-9 you will be promoted to an "Executive position" where your pay range could be anywhere from "$65k-125k". The President who interviewed me stated shes seen people do this in "As little as 3 1/2 months."

The interview is a 3 day process. First is a 15 minute interview with the President of the company. Second was an on the scene interview. Third is a more in depth interview. I was called back for the second phase and turned it down.

Entry Level Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online.
    They will call you and make it seem like this job is more important than it actually is and threaten with "we will move on to other candidates if we don't hear back."
    First interview: Easy, questions about background and resume
    2nd interview: you go on site to a Costco or Sam's Club and watch them sell products.
    3rd interview: there's a written quiz about what they taught you during the 2nd interview process and then a final one on one interview.

Overall, it was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Background questions, questions on resume, what skills do you have that can make you succeed for this particular role?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was okay. Your initial interview is with the president, Katie. She was nice and the interview was very easy and short. My only problem is that the position was made to sound like a marketing associate. Even their website makes it sound like a marketing firm. I could have figured it out that this wasn't the case by looking on Glassdoor first, I forgot to. But when you google them it says hours of operation 7am-7pm, not typical of a marketing firm and that should have given it away. "Don't get this confused, it's not a sales position" she said but It's totally a sales position. Low hourly plus commission, stand at a store all day and sell a product from a table. That's almost textbook sales. I think my change in demeanor when she was explaining the job caused me not to get hired but I'm glad I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to be behind a desk or face to face with people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Really quick interview process. It is three rounds and the first is just a quick get to know each other, the second is at an event seeing what that looks like, and the third is back in the office to summarize everything and talk about growth/questions. Then if you get offered the position you come in for on boarding and get started the next day!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Very brief and generic. It did not seem as though my resume had ever been looked at beforehand. Mostly buzz words were used to try and cover up the the pyramid-scheme-like way the company works. Basically all the company does is sell products for other companies in warehouse stores like Costco. Pay is hourly and night/weekend shifts required. The catch came when I was told anyone could become an executive within 9 months and be making 70k a year. Seemed very unlikely and sketchy.

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I have come to find that the interview process for all of these "event marketing" companies are all the same. I made the mistake of using zip recruiter to apply to some jobs and immediately my phone was ringing off the hook for all of these "marketing" jobs. All of these companies like to use the same line of "we are really trying to wrap interviews up this week so I need you to come in tomorrow" basically just trying to not give you time to even think about what you would be agreeing to. So the first round of interviews is basically a 15-20 minute in person interview. During this time you will be asked questions about your resume and she will explain to you the job. The events that this company hosts are essentially setting up a booth at costco or Sams club and having their employees work all day (including weekends) trying to sell their clients products. The pay is hourly + bonuses depending on how you do, but she said most people make $400-$700 a week. Now I don't know about everybody else, but I would have a hard time living in Austin on potentially only $1600 a month. At this point in the interview is where they will try to entice you with the promise of a great salary at the end of the 6-9 month training program. This is a prime example of "if it sounds too good to be true it probably is". According to them, there is a good chance at the end of the 9 months that you would be promoted to an executive and executives makes a base salary of $75,000 and then for each event you host you would get another $25,000. Right now, they only have one executive and are hosting 10 events a day so if this was actually the case, this one executive would be making $250,000 a day. If this is not downright deceit, I don't know what is. After the interview if they like you, you would get a phone call and asked to come to one of their "events" the next day. I was told that they were interviewing 100 candidates and were going to ask 12 to come in for a second round. So I got my call that afternoon and what do you know I was the number 1 candidate chosen! (LOL).

Seriously though, don't waste your time going in for an interview unless you are extremely desperate. More than anything I just got a bad vibe and felt like I couldn't trust what they were saying.

Executive Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Austin Focus (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was selected to go onto the third interview but decided not to. This job is a scam. If you want to drive to SAMs club and Walmart and stand on ur feet for random long shifts this is for you. The first interview was where U introduce yourself- the second you drive to SAMs club and watch how to sell products and stand around- whilw a guy in a suit asks you a bunch of crap questions. They don't reveal salary to you until the second interview. 9$ and hour + commission - promising you 70 k in 6-9 months. Meanwhile how am I supposed to eat? Rent alone is $800 for a single bedroom. There are no benefits. I just earned a masters degree. I said Hell no!!!