Austin Focus Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Entrepreneurial Bootcamp"

Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is such an incredible opportunity for those willing to work for it. It's basically entrepreneurial/business world bootcamp with a built in venture capitalist. The owner and leaders in the office will take you under their wing and teach you everything you need to know in order to be successful not just in their industry but literally everywhere else. The skill set is so valuable. I've been here for 3 months and have already learned so much about money and time management, work ethic, optimism, problem solving, visual merchandising, professionalism and image, and even how to interview and train! Plus everyone here is so fun to be around. Not only do they really care and invest in your success but they're actually people I enjoy hanging out with outside of work as well.

Cons

My only cons would be that it's definitely a time commitment. However, you have to realize you're basically getting a masters in business management worth of knowledge and training while ALSO earning a living. Anyone else who goes to school and works full time puts in the hours you will here but trust me, it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Pat yourself on the back! What an incredible place!

2. "People Building People"

Current Employee - Marketing Campaign Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Campaign Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working with The Austin Focus is the positive environment that showcases and applauds everyone's strengths and achievements. You're constantly commended for your efforts and given the opportunity to share your experiences in order to help build others to reach their full potential. There is no greater feeling of accomplishment than seeing the people around you achieve their goals and knowing that you were apart of helping them reach them.

Cons

I don't see anything I do as a "con"/ something that's bad or not worth it. Yes, it's hard work; anything worth being proud of doing is. Yes, there's constructive criticism; how do we expect to get better and grow without it. If someone isn't willing to put in the time and isn't willing to learn then exactly what is it that makes them feel they're entitled to success? Because success is built from hard work and learning from mistakes made.

Advice to Management

The management track is extremely expidited. A person is given hands on training and an assigned mentor to accelerate their climb to management so that instead of years it takes only months.

3. "SCAM...don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seemed legit at first. They give you lots of marketing and sales techniques and can help you be a good sales person.

Cons

This job is not what the title says. They have 20 different job titles for the same position, which is selling products at local SAMs Clubs and Costcos. All commission based. They let you think you'll be running your own business in a year but it's all lies they feed you to lure you into their pyramid scheme.

Advice to Management

The people in management seemed nice but why would you lie to people about the job and try to lure in recent college graduates? You would have less turnover if you just were straight forward with the fact this is a direct sales job that's commission based and sells products from a kiosk in SAMs clubs

Austin Focus Response

Jun 16, 2017 – Owner

Thank you for your feedback about the many marketing and sales techniques we teach. We are in fact an on-site interactive events company who provides promotional solutions for Fortune 500 clients. We ... More

"Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really did love working here. It is an awesome opportunity! Within 9-12 months you can be running your own marketing company. It is a management training program that teaches you from the ground event level all the way up to executive management level. Not only did I learn skill sets that pertained to marketing. I also learned all kinds of skills for business in general.
    Its also a very positive environment. Everyone who works there always comes in a very good mood and willing to do whatever it takes to get you to reach your both professional and personal goals. I not only consider the people I worked with as former co-workers I consider them personal friends.

I also got to travel to Phoenix for 2 weeks to learn from the one of the best of the best in the business. (that trip was completely paid for by the owner Kati).
    The owner and everyone invest a lot of time and money their employees. And it shows.

I personally had to leave because realized that my personal and professional goals could not simultaneously be reached while going through this program. But I highly recommend the program for anyone who can put in the time and work.

Cons

I wouldn't say this is a really a con but it is a lot of time and work. They cram 5 years of management training into 9 months. So if someone does not have a strong drive or good work ethic it might not be the right opportunity for them.

"Great jump-start for upward mobility with a company!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture here is amazing! Everyone is so nice, and always reaching out to help where needed. The training that they provide ensures that you will have all the tools you need to succeed. Overall, a great place to work and lots of opportunities to grow with the company.

Cons

Definitely have to put in the time and work if you want to move up, but that is true for most companies.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and giving people the chance to start their careers with a great company!

"Incredible Growth Opportunity"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Austin Focus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a campaign manager, I did everything from learning major and minor marketing strategies to running promotional events for luxury health and beauty clients (just to name a few) and even had the opportunity to build my very own team through interviews that I, myself, conducted. I came in with absolutely no experience in marketing and had some of the best training to get me promoted within just a few weeks! The position not only teaches an entry level employee about the basics of direct marketing but how to develop others into expert brand representatives. Within this position, I also learned the ins and outs of running a business as a whole (i.e. managing inventory, training a team of people, conducting multiple-round interviews, etc.). The growth opportunity is also unbelievable!! Depending on how self-motivated a person is, someone can make it in to executive management (yes, I said executive!) within 6 to 9 months. Overall, this is an amazing opportunity for anyone looking for a career change or interested in marketing.

Cons

This is not a 9-5 position, so if you are unwilling to work a few unconventional hours every week or some hours outside of the office to speed up your cycle of development, than this may not be the position for you.

"Hard Work"

I worked at Austin Focus full-time

Pros

Great potential for advancement and starting your own office. They have a great team environment and training is easily available. Plenty opportunity to travel and go on regular team outings.

Cons

Long work hours. No overtime compensation, only commission. Stringent regulations.

"Awesome environment"

I have been working at Austin Focus full-time

Pros

The office is very positive which makes it a fun, awesome environment. The opportunity is amazing as long as you are willing to work hard, which unfortunately isn't for everybody. Would recommend if you want to be extremely successful someday because they give you the tools and don't expect you to work their till you're 50

Cons

Long hours can be tiring, but well worth it for future oriented individuals or those who wish to be successful. Hard work pays off but this kind of hard work isn't for everyone

Advice to Management

Sometimes not the best with hiring. End up cutting people they gave a job to within a couple weeks after realizing they weren't a good fit. That's why they can get a bad wrap.

"Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team here is very energetic and team based. They are very supportive and are always there to help you reach your next goal. Not only in the business aspect, but also in a personal aspect. I have worked for many companies, and there is nothing like this work environment.

Cons

I cannot think of too many. It is hard work, so if you are not one to go the extra mile or stay late at work, I would not recommend. The hard work is worth it and it pays off!

Advice to Management

Advancement opportunities here are amazing! There is no seniority, so if you are motivated my management and moving up, this is a great place to work! I have been here for less than a year and 1 promotion away from assistant management.

"Supportive"

I have been working at Austin Focus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the office is so supportive and so helpful in terms of your growth and success throughout the training program. The opportunity is huge and the environment is a huge motivating factor when it comes to sticking to the program and overcoming any challenges you may or may not face. Your speed of growth is completely in your control and there is no one to micro manage you. It's literally like getting a degree in business without having to pay a dime and when you get through the program you graduate with no debt and your own business and six figures a year.

Cons

If you do not have your long term goals completely solidified and you spend your time halfway everything you do instead of giving it your all, you will not make it all the way to the end. You have to think fast and learn fast and be willing to accept responsibility for your own failures and incorporate those long term goals into everything you do in order to strive for the bigger reward.

Advice to Management

More communication in the office would be awesome and clearer explanations of certain topics would help boost everyone's productivity. But, all in all, an amazing business and an amazing opportunity.