Australian National University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Australian National University

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in May 2016.

Interview

In person, the questions were quite straightforward and the interviewers were kind and open. The questions about technicalities for the position allowed me to understand the position further.In person, the questions were quite straightforward and the interviewers were kind and open. The questions about technicalities for the position allowed me to understand the position further.

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy. The recruitment team is formed by a few lecturers, a few administrators and one HR. They sent me a copy of interview questions ahead and asked me to prepare for the question if possible. Took 2+ weeks. Again, it would be pretty easy as long as you are shortlisted.

Assistant Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

It was nice and easy. The interviewers were very kind and relaxed. They seemed to have been interviewing around 5-6 candidates for the position.
    After submitting the selection criteria, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was held on campus and the process was fairly easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• The questions were based on the selection criteria and not difficult at all. Tell us a time when blah...blah...My best advise will be to look at the SC and have examples for everything.   Answer Question

Summer Research Interview

Interview

Had to submit Academic Transcripts and 2 referee letters before August 31. Offer came about a month later along with some more forms to fill in. There were no interviews at all to deal with.

Deputy Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in July 2014.

Interview

Positions are advertised on the university's HR website. The application involved a 1-2 page CV and a 6 page addressing the selection criteria (1 page each criterion). The shortlisted candidates then went through a 30-min interview, with a panel of 4 university staff. It took only 3 days for them to get back to me and notified me of the hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• How to write to a difficult academic notifying him of overspent project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were very flexible and understanding when it came to flexible workplace arrangement.

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)).

Interview

The interview covered questions regarding my past undergraduate courses at the university and grades obtained, followed by competency based questions within the specific subject area for which the tutoring would take place. The interview finished with a generic motivation for the role. Overall the interview question was not too technical, however background checks were made by contacting my previous university. I have applied for the position well in advance, which has helped a lot.

Interview Questions

• I had to describe relevant courses covered in the undergraduate degree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in October 2011.

Interview

Submit all the required staff (Grades, CV and work visa) and following that you meet the head tutor and discuss the tutoring process.

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Australian National University (Canberra (Australia)) in February 2010.

Interview

Applications applied through the School office, we were chosen based on program undertaken, and results of courses. Years of experience are also considered. a one-on-interview, followed by a group orientation was given to those successful. The head of school would be present for these, to judge our character. overall good interaction and consultation of position

Interview Questions

• How would you handle coaching and mentoring people who are only 1 - 2 years your junior, and would view you with less authority than usual professionals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation phase,as this was for a part-time position