Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Australian Taxation Office Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.2

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office.

Interview

The first step to the application process was to complete an online application and completing a general skills testing quiz. Candidates may then be invited to take a computer quiz in the office. Interview conducted by a panel of three: one HR manager, one business line manager and a recent graduate.

Service Delivery Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

You go to the main office in Melbourne and you do an assessment centre. You have a group activity and a 10 minute interview. The group activity was a group of people sitting together, rading a set story and trying to solve the problem. It was a really nice place and they do not pressure you too much. The HR team help you a lot and they treat you kindly.

Graduate Interview

Interview

Assessment Centre included three parts: a behavioural interview, a written activity and a group task. Interviewers were friendly and were very supportive in helping you to give the best possible answers. Written activity and group task offered insights into the broader organisation and opportunities to ask general questions were offered.

Marketing and Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Canberra (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview refreshingly included only a small review of my past experience. I felt that they had read my resume and were happy to move forward. The conversation was exciting as there was a lot of discussion about the possibilities for the marketing of the area/product. The interviewers assumed I had done my research and was prepared for a discussion.

Interview Questions

• Q: Who should we listen to about redesigning the website?   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was typical of most graduate positions. It involved a multiple choice questionnaire, an online cognitive test, an online video interview, an assessment center and finally an offer. The assessment center consisted of three stages conduct over the course of three hours. A written exercise, a group activity and a face-to-face interview.

Overall my interview experience with the ATO was professional and although it involved a lot of waiting at times, it was never longer than how long they predicated processing the applications would take.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you made a mistake and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Release Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canberra (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Canberra (Australia)) in February 2014.

Interview

Online application, Telephonic interview, Second round and Face to Face,• Organise and coordinate release of solutions into production according to approved release management plans. Verify all requirements have been met for a release of a solution, before approving the release into production

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2013.

Interview

Interview process was quick to be processed. There was an initial phone interview which lead to an invitation to a face-to-face interview and was in front of a board of 3 Directors. All questions were required to be answered in the STARS method. I received notification of my acceptance into the 12 month order of merit exactly 1 year after the interview.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were directly related to the Selection Criteria and needed to be answered in stars method. I cannot remember the exact questions that were asked.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2013.

Interview

5 Screening Stages. The first few stages comprised of online testing such as SHL and graduate talent screeners. The final stage consisted of a long interview with the graduate managers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went beyond what is required of you to complete a task.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Initially I was asked to complete the standard psychometric test. Then invited to a 2 on 1 interview where I met with the grad recruiter and a grad from the previous year. They asked a lot of questions to test your knowledge on the Australian Taxation system, then afterwards you are required to sit a series of computer tests to assess your analytical skills and problem solving skills.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Australian Taxation Office (Adelaide (Australia)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was around twenty minutes long. There were lots of people waiting in the foyer and more than one room with different ATO staff interviewing. They asked some basic questions about computer functions and some situation based questions. I think they were looking for the STAR model. That is situation, task, action, result. The interview was very relaxed and the staff were nice although I felt like they were all just going through the motions. It was a very bureaucratic process.

Interview Questions

• What are two ways to copy text in Microsoft word and paste it in another document?   Answer Question