Autism Speaks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Autism Speaks Interview Questions

Interviews at Autism Speaks

2.4

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Autism Speaks.

Interview

Amy and Katy were so sweet and took their time to meet with me. They looked at your overall personality, connection to Autism and what you could personally do to help create exposure for Autism Speaks.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autism Speaks (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Brief and basic and was not very hard. Met at the headquarters and she asked me a couple of questions. I was given a spot very quickly. She asked me to come in a couple of times a week to do work.

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Autism Speaks.

Interview

Had three very, very lengthy interviews, one in person. Spent countless hours preparing. Sent follow up email after being told I’d be notified of next steps after the last interview. No response. Nothing. For a charity that’s supposed to make people feel better, I felt lousy and thought this was extremely unprofessional. Heard this is common behavior for this organization.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Autism Speaks (Watertown, MA).

Interview

It was wonderful and just like any other company i worked for

Interview Questions

Negotiation

throught a temp agency

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Autism Speaks (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR and two in person interviews. There was several meetings with my supervisor. All were pleasant and comfortable. There was a skills review. It took several months for the process to complete.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience working with individuals on the spectrum.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate which I now regret.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Autism Speaks (New York, NY).

Interview

First i spoke with HR, then I did two calls, over the phone, even though I could have easily come into the office. then HR finalized all the paperwork and sent me a huge packet to review, sign and send back. Interviews were easy and just went over my resume and skills. nothing too technical

Interview Questions

• How would I improve donations totals? what was the biggest event i had handled?   Answer Question

Director of Public Policy Interview

Interview

Had a good phone interview with the HR person. Then went for an in-person interview with the hiring director. He spent the whole time talking about himself, and I felt like I was there to learn about him not the other way around. Did not receive another call from them.

Interview Questions

• what are your connections on Capitol Hill and with NIH?   Answer Question

Major Gifts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Autism Speaks (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was asked about my skils and experience for the position. i was asked several times about prior compensation and answered the best that I could. As my work was consulting and fee based, my fees varied. The recruiter was very suspicious about my answers.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter told me that she would require my personal tax return to verify my prior compensation   1 Answer

Field Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Autism Speaks (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

-One initial 10-15 minute phone screen interview which was simple and really basic. The HR person just went over my resume and asked very 'get to know you' questions just to make sure you can communicate.

-Followed up with an in-person 30-45 minute interview with the Executive Director. Very conversational and not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous work experience prepared you for this role?
      Tell me about a difficult time you had with an employer/co-worker.   Answer Question

Field Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Autism Speaks (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Phone interview with Human Resources, mostly general questions & experience; and then 2nd phone interview with direct report of position, more specific discussion of job responsibilities/details of work history; next step would be panel interview.