Axis Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Axis Communications

1. Featured Interview

Channel Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Axis Communications (Lowell, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

A brief phone interview was followed by an online personality test and then an in-person interview. The third interview involved an Excel test and a PowerPoint presentation. At all stages the employees were incredibly kind, interesting, and made me super excited about the potential of working for such a great company. It honestly made me feel like great companies ARE out there, and that they really do value their employees. Everyone was nice, personable, and I felt like they really were trying to get to know me, instead of just seeing if I'd be an acceptable fit.

Interview Questions

Axis Communications Response

Feb 6, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We take pride in our people and the fabulous culture we have here at Axis and are glad that you had a pleasant interview experience with us. Wish you... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Axis Communications (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Typical phone screening. Communications through email which I'd quick and responsive. If phone screening goes well, go in for an in-person interview
    The interview itself consists of multiple people, however they interview you 1 on 1 . After the Interview they decide best fit and you will get a yes or a no.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where a customer or client was mad and how you fixed the situation.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axis Communications.

Interview

The interview process was perfect. I applied online through the company website. I was contacted about a week or two later. There was about five interview steps. Everyone that I spoke with was helpful in describing the position and really showed what an awesome company Axis is. The interview process is taken very seriously and it shows that they truly care who they hire and to make sure it is a perfect fit. The second to final stage was to do a 10-15 minute presentation. It seemed intimidating however, once I finished, I realized how important that step was to see if the job would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Axis Communications Response

Sep 25, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive review. Axis truly appreciates the time you took to write the detailed note. Congratulations on making it in our thorough interview process and we look forward to having... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axis Communications (Chelmsford, MA).

Interview

Overall, it was a pleasant process with a bizarre ending. I’ve been waiting for an opportunity to apply there because I really like their philosophy, corporate culture, and frankly, European roots. I worked with a recruiter first, few days later I had a phone interview with a hiring manager, and took personality assessment test. Eventually, I went in for an interview with 4 different people I would be closely working with, if hired. I thought that the interviews went really well. It was a pretty relaxed atmosphere and everyone seemed genuinely excited about being there (at Axis). They definitely interview for corporate culture fit. I was told that questions are based on results from personality assessment test.
    Couple weeks later I was told that Axis was no longer interested in me because “my personality during interview did not match my test results ...”, which has a feel of being called a liar. I thought that was bizarre. There was a lot of effort put in into this process that ended abruptly based on a test, with no direct communication from the company.

Interview Questions

Axis Communications Response

Aug 21, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post a review; we are glad you had an overall positive interview experience. We are thorough in our interview process and make a real effort to hire for skills and... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Axis Communications in February 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews via skype. Interviews went well and informative. Sent over a PI test, and told me they were excited with my results and I should hear next steps shortly and then dropped off for two weeks. After I reached out they told me they moved on to other candidates. Wouldn't have been that hard to send me a message earlier and inform me...

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives coworkers would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Jul 31, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Glad to hear that your interview were informative. We are sorry we didn’t keep you better informed during the process.

Trainer Interview

Interview

Pretty quick but could be long depending on the position. I had started with the company as a Temp which made things quite a bit easy since I had been able to build report with the company.

Sep 25, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the great review! I am so glad to hear of your continued positive experience here at Axis and look forward to having you here with us for many more years to come.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Axis Communications in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the account manager position and was contacted by an Axis recruiter in mid November via phone. The recruiter was my only contact at Axis and was EXTREMELY UNRESPONSIVE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. After the initial contact she informed me of the next steps which included her reaching out to schedule a meeting with the hiring manager. I was forced to reach out to the recruiter MULTIPLE times to determine if I was still being considered for the position. Each time the recruiter continued to ask questions but failed to provide any answers.
    The entire process took OVER 4 MONTHS! I was forced to reach out time and time again, NEVER received a timely response, and was strung along each time.the recruiter asked if she could contact my current employer and I asked she hold off unless it was determined I was a good fit. The recruiter reached out to my current employers the next day, yet still failed to respond to my emails

Technical Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Axis Communications (Boston, MA).

Interview

Long Interview Process I had to interview 5 times. 1 video interview 1 phone interview and 3 in person interview. Many technical questions were asked and they are looking for people with great personality laying won't get you the job. Present yourself properly and also research the company. The process was bit challenging because I had no direct communication with the employer I had to go thru the recruiter which to an extend was a positive things as they share a lot of helpful information for this employer.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions you must know your stuff.   1 Answer

Jul 27, 2016 – Recruiting Specialist

We are so glad that you had a positive interview experience and have joined the team!

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Axis Communications (Chelmsford, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

All I can say is it was a waste of time. I was first contacted by Axis to do a technical phone screening with them which lasted about an hour. The next day they called me for another technical phone interview which also lasted an hour. After that the technical recruiter told me that I will be brought in for a face to face interview. There I met the Team leads, one senior engineer and the managers. It lasted 3 and half hours. I passed. They sent me a written communications test. I responded on the same day. It took them another 3 days to reply and tell I have been chosen to go on a final interview. Another 3 and half hours. I met the director, and the same people again, plus more senior engineers. Then they didn't respond to any of my e-mails. I was told they will respond within a week. It took them more than two weeks to come back to me. This time it was an automated e-mail, sent at 03:00 AM telling me I wasn't fit for the job. Bear in mind that the director told me I aced the technical interview and they all seemed impressed with me. They even gave me their benefits package and took me on tour for their place. The company from outside seemed good and the people there seemed happy. The only thing I didn't like is how I was treated like an expandable object.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy if you know your stuff. They put more value on customer service skills than technical skills. Focus on Port Forwarding questions and some questions about IP/Subnetting and getting to know how to get a new IP on a windows device and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Axis Communications (Chelmsford, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

A video interview is required followed by a personality survey followed by an in person interview, followed by more if successful. At the interview I was given a "test" that any first year student would have known. I was taken aback but after asking the hiring manager she said everyone must take it, regardless of the job.
    The interview went well and I left it with the hiring manager saying there were still candidates to interview but I was in the top and I would hear back in 1-2 weeks. After 1 1/2 weeks I hadn't heard anything so I called the hiring manager and left a message, no one called me back. After 2 weeks I saw the job was reposted so emailed HR to find out the status of the application and got a very impersonal rejection.
    Considering the steps needed to get to the interview process and my direct follow ups afterward I would have liked an explanation for their decision to not continue. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What is a debit and credit? This for a senior accountant role!
      How would you train someone to review account balances?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

Applied directly on their website and was contacted shortly after. Process was a phone screen with HR rep followed by an in-person to meet hiring manager and team. Final step was a presentation to employees of all levels on the team and director of sales. Was long and thorough but worth it in the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you failed and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Sep 25, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the positive review. Axis truly appreciates when our employees take time to leave a note about our processes. We look forward to having you here with us for many more years to come!