B.A.P. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

B.A.P. Interview Questions

Interviews at B.A.P.

2.3

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B.A.P..

Interview

I applied online. I came in for a brief first round interview, and they asked me to come back for a second interview, I sat down with the CEO and another hiring manager for about an hour. Got an offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest accomplishment in your last position?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B.A.P. (Farmington Hills, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone pre-interview sounds very suspicious. Be careful with this one. The whole process feels rushed, sounds very much like they are looking for suckers. The human resources department sold the whole thing as a marketing position and wanted the most qualified applicants for management training, but it sounds more like they are trying to mislead would be marketing people into some kind of sales. "Lead generation" is not described with any accuracy prior to an in person interview. It seems no one wants you to know anything about this place until they get to make their "pitch". They make it sound professional but do not conduct it as such.

Advertising Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B.A.P. (East Lansing, MI) in January 2018.

Interview

My interview was a joke, they seemed to be in a hurry to push me out the door. My interview lasted 5 minutes. It was extremely disrespectful of my time.

Interview Questions

• What did you like best about our company   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B.A.P. (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I came in for my first round interview and spoke with the CEO. We spoke about the environment, hours, and working with other outgoing individuals. I then was asked back for a second interview and we discussed pay as well as how long I would be working for the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with stepping up to being a leader?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very fair. I would advise future candidates to be prepared to ask questions and clarify what their tasks will be.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at B.A.P. (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with CEO after brief phone screening, which was fairly basic. He was not a very good interviewer, talked about the position and then would ask, "Do you think you can do that?". Contracted by AT&T to convert leads provided by AT&T into customers after recent Direct TV merge. The entire thing felt a little sketchy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at B.A.P. in March 2016.

Interview

They were quick to get back with me after applying and set up a face to face interview. My first interview was real informative about the company and their structure. During the second interview we discussed career goals and they were pretty enthusiastic about helping me reach them. Everyone was very nice. The work environment is fun and high energy. I'm super happy I accepted the offer.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at B.A.P. (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

They lied to me. And I don't mean they exaggerated, they LIED!!! They specifically confirmed with me before any interview (over the phone) that this job was not based on commission and was not going door-to-door. I was told it was salary, specifically for 80k-110k per year and that they didn't want someone to do sales (it was a management job). They confirmed this again throughout the first interview at their office.

But then during the second interview at their office, everything changed: There is really only one job that they EVER want to be done, going door-to-door selling internet service for AT&T and it is completely based on commission (no salary or pay whatsoever)! This is so illegal to lie to people like this about the pay and the nature of the job. I felt like I was listening to a pitch from a pyramid scheme. They want to get free advertising from people until they quit. What a great business model for the guys at the top (the CEO makes a nice 3% management fee from his clients, and this is better than most hedge funds make!). It is terrible though to bait people who have actual interest in developing a business, and to tell them later on that "oh, there is actually no pay whatsoever, unless you can work 6 days a week and make door-to-door sales" (you're still welcome though to work 7 days a week if you'd like, they say). This sounds worse than selling insurance for commission.

Another oddity, they claim to be so full of energy, but when I first interviewed, every one of the managers looked absolutely DEAD inside: No energy, just frowns. What a strange contradiction. They were dressed extremely well, but their eyes and faces looked dead inside! It was literally like being at a FUNERAL home. I only came back to the second interview after this because of the huge salary promise. Heck, I would go door-to-door for that kind of pay (80k-110k), but when they told me it's just commission only, and just 200 dollars per sale, I was done! This is NOT an analyst job, it's a door-to-door salesperson job! There were also a bunch of young people at the second interview who were enthusiastically yelling and were all excited, but they appeared to be either very gullible or maybe just acting. Something is fishy about this place. The main thing for me is that they deceived me and I felt insulted by that. Again, they did not exaggerate, they LIED. This is likely a scam.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this role?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at B.A.P. (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

First round wasnt pretty quick I sat down with the CEO, he's really cool guy who's looking for ex athlete looking for driven people. The second round was a bit more challenging, I sat down with a top account manager and was unsure if I was going to get hired! Give good honest answers

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the company?
      What separates you?
      Do you enjoy winning more or loosing less?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at B.A.P. (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2018.

Interview

Misleading job posting. It's really a door-to-door sales job, but they post one-click ads on LinkedIn for entry level PR or Marketing positions to get people in and then during the interview you find out it's nothing like what you thought you'd applied to. They had me go through the CEO/President, then a salesman, then back to the CEO to discuss the opportunity. They seemed like nice people, but were unable to answer a lot of questions about how the system even works- apparently they sell DirecTV, but couldn't explain how that works out. Most of their talk was very general, and they mentioned over and over that you can make six figures a year there, which struck me as odd and suspicious.

The bottom line is, it's not what you think you're applying for, and it's a commission based sales system so it's hard to earn money doing it. If you're trying to work in sales, there are better options. This is very much a standard multilevel marketing kind of rig, which isn't always necessarily a bad thing, but this one and several other companies in the Grand Rapids area are set up like this and it comes off as quite scammy.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B.A.P. (Grand Rapids, MI) in May 2018.

Interview

It is an absolute joke. They don't ask you any meaningful questions but instead they glorify the position by not explaining the job duties fully (aka not saying its door-to-door sales), by only telling the few success stories but making it sound as if it is very common when in reality it is very rare to be successful, by saying they're only hiring a few people/looking to stop the hiring process when in reality they're ALWAYS interviewing and hiring. If you are preparing for an interview here right now, I recommend you to exit out of this window and not show up because it will be a waste of your time... you are MUCH better off finding an hour wage job since you will get paid little to nothing.

Interview Questions

• They ask about your leadership skills or if you were/are a part of a team sport why you're not the captain.   1 Answer