BC Ferries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BC Ferries Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BC Ferries.

Interview

manager interview
    procedure to install and monitor a database
    create an android application for making reservations
    situational questions such as what will you do when the database on the ferry crashes
    how will you monitor the application which has database persistance
    board interview
    HR interview
    salary negotiations

Interview Questions

• procedure to install and monitor a database
      create an android application for making reservations
      how will you monitor the application which has database persistance   Answer Question

Terminal Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC Ferries (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)).

Interview

It's a panel interview with terminal managers and HR personnel and their biggest concern is determining if you have common sense. Once you pass the interview stage they will give you some materials to study and have you take an exam a week or so later. Those people with the highest combined interview and test scores get the job.

Interview Questions

• If you see a car leaking gasoline in the lot, what would you do?   1 Answer

Terminal Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BC Ferries.

Interview

Generic 3 person sit down at conference table. Interviewers were a terminal manager, a terminal director, and an HR personnel. Each interviewer asked a stock question from their sheet of paper in front of them. Questions where generic and you could easily prepare by googling "interview questions". Interview lasted for at most 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Totally generic questions such as "A time when you had a personal conflict at work"   2 Answers

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BC Ferries (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

-send resume in
    -they call you for interview, if you pass that interview you move on to the test
    -they give you a website you NEED to study and you need to pass the test after in order to work there.

Interview Questions

• Went in depth about what I learned from each previous job. Also asked what I would do to handle and angry customer (most important question they ask you)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company   Answer Question

Heavy Duty Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BC Ferries (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Basic Behavorial based interview. One or two managers will be involved as well as HR.
    They will jump back and forth between Behavorial and trade based technical questions and finish up with a Q&A.

Customer Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BC Ferries (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Written exam and face to face interview. You get a booklet to study from (Transportation Canada stuff) and then take an exam. It's pretty easy if you've read the book a couple of times. The test score + the interview score = hiring score.
    The interview is pretty basic. Very general questions about customer service, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - Name a time in your previous work when you have had to resolve conflict, how did you do it, etc.   Answer Question

Maintenance Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at BC Ferries (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Sit with a board of managers. The interview was extensive asking everything I have done and what my qualifications are in order to qualify for the position. I seemed to know more about the job than the interviewers.

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BC Ferries in March 2009.

Interview

Interview with HR manager and Chief steward, behavioral and situational type questions.

Mate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BC Ferries in April 2008.

Interview

actions during emergency and customer care

Interview Questions

• Action during emergency onboard   1 Answer