BG Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BG Group Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2016

Senior Exploration Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BG Group (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Met with one HR and two geoscientists at the same time. The two geos were members of the team for which I was being interviewed. All three interviewers were courteous, gracious, and very interested in what I had to say. They were quick to tell me that their team was new and inexperienced and that they were hoping to add someone like me to round it out.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were hired for the position?   1 Answer

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BG Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. Then had an in-person interview with hiring manager and VP head.

Interview questions were pretty standard and they wanted to know what kind of economic evaluations I've done.

I wasn't selected for the next step and I'm not sure why.

Infrastructure Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BG Group (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Very casual and friendly atmosphere, no pressure, made me feel at home. Spoke on integrity, personal experiences were discussed, mine and the interviewer. This was one of the most informal and friendly interviews I have had in my career.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in taking on previous incomplete project   1 Answer

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BG Group.

Interview

BG group did a campus presentation about the program and a general overview of the company. After being selected I was asked to come to the on site interview. The interview consisted of two individuals. The interview were mainly behavioral/tell me about yourself type of questions. They were only looking to hire two to three analyst for the whole program.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. The interview was straight forward with behavioral types of questions.   Answer Question

Finance/Accounting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BG Group.

Interview

Got an interview through my university career fair. Got a phone call the night before asking for me to interview the next morning.

Interview Questions

• A ton of behavioral questions. One about how you exemplify the safe working environment BG tries to accomplish. One technical question asking to pick an existing asset and what ratios you would use to evaluate purchasing the asset   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BG Group in September 2013.

Interview

Attended information session at my school and then was invited by HR rep to join the two recruiters for a dinner at a very nice restaurant. Interviewed the next day. The company is very big on safety, values, and culture, and seems to be looking for highly qualified candidates. Master's degree or MBA would definitely help, as would having a previous internship with the company or with a similar type of F500 energy company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, asked me several questions about my resume. Biggest challenge, working with a group, standard behavioral questioning.   1 Answer

Interface Manager (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BG Group (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I got a call from a headhunter asking if I'd be willing to work contract for a substantial day-rate at a well established LNG company... I wasn't actively searching for work, but I thought I'd check it out.

Downtown 34th floor, very modern office... I was impressed. I met with the project director and the HR rep. They were both friendly and seemed interested in hiring me. The project director asked me about my experience, and I explained my roles in previous projects. When it was clear that my experience was less than what they were looking for, I figured I was out... but they set up a second interview with the engineering manager in the UK. I spoke to him over the phone, and felt like I had a good interview with him... a couple of days later they asked me to do a THIRD interview... so I went. I met with another engineering manager and we got along great. By the end of the interview it was clear that I was going to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall the specific question from the first interview with the director, but it was something to the effect of "don't you think we should hire somebody with more experience?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

In one of the first conversations with the headhunter, we established a day rate... the only negotiation was when to start

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BG Group (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

After I applied for the company in a career fair, and I talked quite a bit with the booth employee, I was called some weeks later. He said he would be in the city next week. Then I got the interview, 1on1, and he asked me a lot of questions, like: What I want to be in the next 5 or 10 years, etc.

Interview Questions

• He asked which particular aspects of this company interests me the most? Why I choose this company despite of others?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BG Group (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Incoherent group interviews with people not in my field or work area. The interviewers were more trying to impress the senior participant with their questions than the were with my talent and abilities.

Interview Questions

• Usually started with a statement about how great the questioner was, how his project was so important/successful/safe, etc. or how great the senior interviewer's projects were, then led to how can I see myself fitting into their awesomeness.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BG Group (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

HR present.
    Manager present.

Then HR competency based questions
    Then open questions
    Then input from me

HR very fair
    Did not discuss remuneration at this stage

Did talk through timeline

Interview Questions

• What are your aspirations?   1 Answer