BIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BIS Interview Questions

Updated Jan 28, 2017

3.2

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BIS.

Interview

Interview by phone with a panel led by hiring manager (chief of section)

Interview Questions

• Detail your previous research/project you have conducted (in area of macroeconomics).   1 Answer

SEO Interview

Interview

Advert published son civil service website. Standard competency based interview asking for concrete recent examples of what you have done that matches the competencies that are relevant to the position.

Children Services Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BIS (Croydon, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Very good and straightforward. The most important thing is to prepare and do a lot of research about the organisation. Have some questions for the panel and finally remain calm they are human being just like you!

Interview Questions

• Tell us what contributions you are going to bring to this role?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BIS (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

The process was quite straightforward with just one interview with a panel of 2/3. I don't think the questions were too difficult but I was probably just not a good match. I wasn't particularly inspired by the people interviewing me and so was not that disappointed when I did not get the role. What was good was that they gave me feedback about my interviewing technique after I was unsuccessful which some places do not.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to work with someone challenging.   Answer Question

G6 Interview

Interview

Standard civil service - open job applications with emphasis theoretically on meeting key selection criteria but actually on past experience and line manager reports. Paper sift is followed by interviews, which stick pretty rigidly to the 'give us an example of where you have demonstrated competency X'

Interview Questions

• The main tricky ones might be 'exactly what did you achieve', or 'what fraction of the success of that project could be attributed to you'   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - standard rates

Economic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BIS (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Competency based application and interview. Included a panel of three SCS interviewers and HR expert. Involved testing general economic competence, leadership and management and ability to present subject material and field questions.