BISSELL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Financial Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Like many companies nowadays, Bissell narrows down potential candidates through an initial phone interview. The initial phone interview was very laid back and mostly a way for myself to get to know the company better and for the company getting to know me. Both the phone and in person interviews were very engaging and more like having a conversation as opposed to a traditional interview. I have had interviews involving packets and being asked question after question, and this was nothing like that. When the initial date of my in person interview fell through, Bissell was very flexible offering alternatives including interviewing via Skype or changing the time and date. My interview consisted of 4 separate 30 minute interviews (back to back), one interview with two associates, and the remaining three one on one. Overall, I am very satisfied with the interview process conducted at Bissell and have not had a better interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Some software experience questions relating to that of my job function, why I chose my field of endeavor, a time where I had to step up as a leader, and so on...   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

interview was first a screen call and then a 3 hour Skype interview. Talked with 5 different people. Felt very positive about the experience and interview as a whole.
    I was told a would receive a response in less than 2 weeks. Never received anything, so I politely contacted the HR department and individual who set up my interviews. They said I would receive a response in another week, but nothing.
    I contacted the HR team many times for a response because I was holding out on this job above others, but they never got back to me.
    ***Have some decency and atleast tell potential hires no rather than ignoring their emails if you don't want to hire them, it takes less than a minute to give feedback. Very rude and unprofessional, you should really rethink how you are treating people. I Wanted to work for this company very badly, but the way they dealt with this situation has tainted my perception of the company as a whole. If you're looking for a good interview process, would NOT recommend

Interview Questions

• What is unique about your college and how does it separate you? Describe it in 4 words or less   Answer Question

BISSELL Response

Jun 28, 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry that you didn’t have a positive experience during our interview process. We strive to provide the highest level of communication to all of our... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Walker, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to set up a 30 minute phone interview which consisted of basic interview questions such as "name a strength and weakness?" and "what do you know about our company?" "describe a time when...?" The next week I was asked to come in for a 3 hour in-person interview and was sent an agenda of who I would be interviewing with and in what order. Although the interview was long, I was able to meet with several people and learn about the company and their positions from different perspectives. Every Bissell employee I met was extremely welcoming and easy to talk to from the start and the whole process was very organized. I have interviewed at many different companies, but I can honestly say that Bissell's interview experience was the best that I have ever been through, and was an important factor in my decision.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of this internship experience?
      What makes you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

Interview

Email to set up a phone interview. Smooth phone interview with expected, standard questions. Set up an on-site interview in Walker, MI. Interviewed with HR, two QA engineers, (supposed to be 3 but one was out sick), and phone interviewed the QA director the following morning due to travel. Got the offer about 2-3 weeks later. Overall, a nice, pleasant, easy-going experience.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through Glassdoor.com and received an email response a week later to set up a phone interview. It was just a screening however the call turned into a pleasant conversation and lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked at the end of the phone interview to go to Grand Rapids to the headquarters for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of 4, 30 minute interviews with 4 different members of the HR team. Each interviewer was very pleasant and easy to talk to. Again I found that my interviews ended up turning into great conversations where I ultimately learned a lot about the company and what they do. The interview process and strategy that I had gone through with BISSELL was by far my favorite. I received and email about a week later saying that they wanted to have one more final interview with me over the phone. 2 days after the final interview I was told that I was being offered the position. I appreciated the quick response time and comfortable vibes that I was given throughout each interview. I had an amazing experience throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for BISSELL?

Tell me about a time where you had to step up as a leader in a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Pet Foundation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walker, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Walker, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted and had a phone interview. After the phone interview, we scheduled a face-to-face interview with a member from HR as well as one with the Pet Foundation team. After the face-to-face interviews, I was asked to come back in for an interview with Cathy Bissell. All of the interviews were very relaxed, I felt comfortable talking with all of them and everyone I met was very friendly. There was even a furry friend who joined us for one of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with a team. How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 3 people of directorial and managerial level and each one of them interviewed for 30 minutes. Then there was and interview sesson with HR person for 30 minutes.
    There was very comfortable environment and the atmosphere was very positive and pleasant.

Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

Extremely complicated. Met with multiple people during a period of several days. Met with people from all areas of the business - from engineering team members to industrial designers to people in the marketing department. Had to take tests and even meet with a psychologist! Overall, it was a good experience - the people are very friendly and try to get to know you to make sure you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The engineering manager at the time gave me a pump and asked me to tell him how it worked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Over the phone - they made a great offer and I accepted immediately.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Pre-screen via resume, followup phone interview where they gather additional information, followed by a formal application for employment and in-person interview(s). Phone interview was pretty tame, and the in-person one as well. Was presented with multiple hypothetical scenarios regarding purchasing activity and several "what would you do if..."

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty tame, some industry- and job-specific "what ifs". I was tripped up with "what qualities do you think make a successful manager"   Answer Question

Better pay at another company.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BISSELL (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

I met the company at a career fair and they called about an interview at the HQ soon after. One on one interview with tour and then a panel consisting of the entire team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting and ending time were negotiable but salary was not.