Bambee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bambee Interview Questions

Interviews at Bambee

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bambee (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

The onsite interview was in their LA office. When I entered, they had two people at the door greeting candidates. The email that I got for the onsite interview called it a "hiring event." There were multiple interviewers in the office, and it seemed that some people were overwhelmed. I got called in for three rounds of the interview, which I thought when reasonably well. My issue was the lack of responsiveness from the team on the next steps. If you are going to have an interview process that people are not prepared for the least you can do is answer candidates emails if they got rejected or not. Overall I am sure they are a growing company and have some hurdles in their recruitment process.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bambee (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a normal interview process until it wasn't. I believe the personality and culture matched right away and the CEO, Allan, knew right away where my thoughts were on about the product and the business.

Interview Questions

• He knew I saw and have used the product and asked me what I thought about it.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bambee.

Interview

Was contacted via email/phone about this opportunity. The interview was different as you rotate to different interviewers and have more of a dialogue. I spoke with two people who were a bit condescending but nevertheless, I continued the process. Once my breeches was over I felt it went fine and expected feedback at some point. It’s been over a month and even with requesting feedback several times I have not been contacted. Thankfully I received an opportunity at a larger more professional company but it doesn’t change the fact that their lack of feedback is very unprofessional.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bambee.

Interview

Got stood up twice for phone interviews with HR. I followed up and asked to be rescheduled on the first time, but didn't bother on the second time. I understand that work can get busy but ghosting out on a candidate twice is unprofessional :/

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bambee (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

About a week and a half after applying, I received an invitation via email to come to the next “hiring event.” They asked what time would work for me and after confirming, the calendar invitation I received specified the role, time, and a duration of 30 mins total. It also simply said “interview” and there weren’t really any details on what a “hiring event” actually was.
    I get there and am greeted by a very friendly young woman who tells me she’ll be taking me to the various rounds of the day and sits me in a conference room across the table from two other people and says she’ll bring us some waters. Being unclear on what was happening in this conference room, I introduced myself and went to hand them my resume. Nope! Other candidates. The coordinator comes back in and pulls people out at various times and brings them back. Once in my first round, I realize I’m being interviewed for a generalist position. When I clarified that I had applied for and was interested in the recruiter role, I was told that yes, they are hiring for recruiters but it’s not as much of a priority and would I be okay with the generalist role? I said yes as it does seem like a great company to work for and I do have generalist experience, though my cover letter and resume both were tailored towards recruiting. First round finishes and the coordinator brings me back into the waiting room and calls me by the wrong name (this happened several times and she later realized and very genuinely apologized which I appreciated). I chat with the fellow candidates and find out one has been through seemingly eight rounds over two days, and that it had run so long the night prior that they asked her to come back. The other candidate was told there would be three rounds and after completing three, she was confused (as was the coordinator and another employee) about whether she was done or not.
    Next round, I was brought into someone’s office. He continuously pressed his spacebar to keep his screen from falling asleep and seemed annoyed from the jump. He repeated some technical questions I had been previously asked, and when I told him I’d be happy to answer but had already gone over them, he seemed frazzled and rattled off a list asking if I’d been asked these yet (which I had for several.) The questions he does end up asking I’m totally unprepared for as I didn’t know I’d be interviewing as a generalist.
    I get taken back into the holding room and quickly pulled out again, thanked for my time, handed a validation ticket and told I’ll hear back in a week. It was uncomfortably obvious I didn’t get it as I had been listening to the other candidates discuss other rounds.
    I’m fine with not being a fit, but showing up for a clearly defined 30 minute interview and ending up being there for two hours, where they don’t know my name or what I’m interviewing for and seemed unclear on what questions to be asking, plus the weird casting call type holding room, was super uncomfortable and didn’t make me feel valued as a candidate or person. Bambee seems like a great place to be and everyone I spoke to was absolutely lovely, but the interview process itself is a hot mess which I’m sure is due to a lack of actual recruiters mixed with rapid growth.

Interview Questions

• Explain the differences between exempt and non-exempt employees.   Answer Question