Barnhart Crane & Rigging Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Barnhart Crane & Rigging

3.1

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I first was called by HR for a video interview. The questions were about my previous experience and they were extremely generic and open ended. My second interview was with the hiring manager, who explained me in detail the responsibilities inherent to my potential position and made me a number of questions on my education and background.

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging in January 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews. One with the Branch Mgr, and one a few days later with that same Mgr and the (then) administrator. I was made aware that if Barnhart 'higher-ups' were in town, they would be in on the next interview and would ask me a lot of questions to test how much I knew...scary! Lots of questions were asked of me: how I operate, my integrity, my organizational skills, can I multitask, how do I handle pressure, my work ethic.

I was quizzed on what I knew of the crane business, particularly Barnhart. I knew little to nothing, and said as much. When I was informed I would return for a second interview. I was told to do my homework because I would be tested verbally on what I knew the next time. I learned everything I could...how they started, where they started, who owned it, who the business was gifted to, their mission statement, their purpose, etc...And I WAS asked, as promised. Because I knew so much, I think it really showed that I was the person who really wanted the job badly. I was also asked a lot of the same questions I was asked the first time, to see if I would answer consistently, proving my honesty.

I did end up getting the job, and am presently working there. They really keep a fast, constantly busy pace. Much faster than places I've worked at in the past. There's little time to chit chat, and no time for goofing around. I feel like I'm constantly behind, and never take my lunch break because of that. I think that has more to do with me and my standards than it does with them, though. I just need to learn to slow down and realize the work will still be there tomorrow. A lot is expected of their employees, but pay is good, and my boss is totally AWESOME! He is so nice and down to earth. He's easy to talk to, trusts me implicitly, and is very kind. Numbers, and keeping them in good shape, is very important in this business. There is a lot of pressure to make sure the numbers are good, and stay that way. My boss seems to be under a lot of pressure about that, but handles it like a pro.

As a side note, this company is built on religious beliefs, which I personally like. No one goes around preaching to you, but it may be important for you to know if that's an issue somehow. If you are female and used to working in a more frou frou environment, it may be useful to know that this is a man's world. I don't mean that like you don't have importance or credibility. I mean that it can come with attitudes/behaviors you may not be used to. I didn't have a problem with it because I worked with truck drivers and farmers for years. There's not always a lot of 'niceties' you may be used to, that's all. Over all, I would say it is a VERY GOOD place to work, and I see myself working here for a long time.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle anger? What would you do if someone made you really mad? This made me worry because I wondered if people would be really mean, or perhaps even go 'off' on me. Looking back, I realize it was a bit of a gentle warning. Because I tend to be happy and upbeat, it is possible that people will consider me a pushover and eat me for lunch, so to speak.   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (Memphis, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

In the middle of it right now but will be a long and extensive interview process. Will be 5 interviews and several tests taken. I have taken 1 test and had 1 interview with 3 people who have told me there will be a 6 month training program as well involved in Memphis.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between a leader and a manager?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with corporate in Memphis followed by a second phone interview then three interviews at the Phoenix Branch. Various tests were given as well to determine intelligence and culture values.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for Barnhart?   1 Answer

IT Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (Memphis, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face, Internet test, final face to face, MS Office test, study the Barnhart Culture. Drug test, physical fit test, must be done within 48 hours. The test were reasonable for the position, the MS Office was mostly typing and excel. The fitness test was basic sit, stand, lift 50lbs. Then a personality test.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would be a cultural fit?
      (Research Barnhart Grove)   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (Memphis, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

Poorly done - irrelevant questions. Very unusual questions for the role I planned to take with the company. Recruiting team dis organized.
    I was not kept in the loop on the process or informed of the next step in the process until the very last minute.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (Memphis, TN).

Interview

went well. everyone was on their game during the interview. Asked a lot about previous employer and my experience managing projects. Asked a lot about past employer mission and how I applied it to day to day decisions

Project Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

After you apply you take a battery of tests. Then you might interview with corporate, then you will have to interview with a branch. Once you are given an offer you still must pass drug screenings and fit for duty physical. This will take at best a month, or maybe several months.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a customer wants you to lower your price?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging in October 2016.

Interview

2 tests, 1 phone interview for 15 minutes, second phone interview for 45 minutes, then another test. One test was 2 hours long and tough. They asked me to role play. Didn't back down from price objection. Was told I did great however, didn't move on. Interviews are taped and I guess I was so awesome that someone was worried about competition at the next level. Also, a bunch of corn again Christians.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barnhart Crane & Rigging (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Multiple online tests for technical aptitude, personality profiles, etc. Fairly easy process but time consuming. Excellent communication through the process. Dealt with HR manager & assistant directly which made getting answers easy. Process was straightforward & not very stressful.