Barrett Business Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

The process from start to finish lasted just under a month. I had three separate interviews with three different directors. The clear impression was that they were looking for someone who didn't need to be led by the hand. It was also apparent that they had no real training structure in place so learning would be self-directed. They made a point of saying that millennials would likely not be happy working for BBSI. In hindsight, I would agree.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with little to no direction?   1 Answer

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy but I feel it was necessary for this position. You are essentially the face of the company to it's clients so they have to make sure you're the right fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict?   1 Answer

Risk Management & Safety Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Albany, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. A recruiter called and next day we conducted a phone interview. Within a few days I had a half hour interview with an HR Consultant. She asked me one or two questions and had to rush off to a meeting.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Vancouver, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Panel interviews with just about everyone they can find. Logic quizzes and meeting with people who do not know what your job is. After meeting with them i began to get red flags when the interviews and offer kept getting delayed. Beware they will string you along and wonder why after a while you are not interested.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe in detail how you would implement a QA process.?   1 Answer

Safety Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (San Diego, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by an on-site with HR, and Panel Interview with a team of 3 individuals (safety aconsultant, business consultant and HR consultant). The panel asked questions that didn't seem to relate to the job. I asked a general question about the job but the panel did not provide an answer. The question related to the job and was pretty innocuous. I thought that was strange.

Interview Questions

• How would you provide consultation for a customer?   1 Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial in-person screening interview with a recruiter about 40 minutes. (Told other members of the team were not around so I would need to come back.) Second interview in-person with a Business Partner & Consultant about 45 minutes. Third round with HR Director via phone and fourth round with site-head.

Interview Questions

• How would you set strategy? (no context given)   Answer Question
    • How would you engage a business owner to talk about strategy when they really don't want to talk to you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a Human Resources Consultant (as opposed to an HR Manager, HR Business Partner)?   Answer Question
    • Who are our competitors?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about BBSI and the role you applied for?   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Valencia, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was sourced through a recruiter. I had a face to face with the hiring manager and then had a phone interview with the Director. I also had to pass several tests on HR knowledge and business case scenarios. It was a very thorough process. If you don't know your stuff, don't bother applying.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to develop an action plan for a struggling company.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Folsom, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Referred by recruiter, went to BBSI, met with supervisor in their conference and talked about my experiences and the type of work they do at BBSI. Interview was pretty low key and casual. Interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a large loss case where you made a difference in the outcome.   Answer Question

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Concord, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Because of my location and positions open with the company, I was asked to interview with multiple branches and a final interview with the Director of Channel Alignment. Interview process was a bit longer than some would like because I interviewed with multiple branches but length of time and number of interviews what right in line with what I had experienced in the past with public companies.

Interview Questions

• Goals, inflection points in my career, etc.   1 Answer

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Concord, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I really appreciated how comprehensive it was. The further along in the process I went the greater understanding I got as to whether this role and company would be a good fit for me as well as vice versa. Too often I have seen the result of a quick hire. Either the employee is a wrong fit for the company, or the company a poor fit for the employee. At a time when we crave immediate satisfaction, this process may put some people off, but for serious job seekers - BBSI's interview process is great.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer wanted to know if I was comfortable with a strong degree of autonomy in the role. They are seeking professionals who don't require a lot of hand holding, that are comfortable making decisions and taking responsibility, but are also aligned with the company's vision and purpose.   3 Answers