Barrett Business Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.5

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Folsom, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Referred by recruiter, went to BBSI, met with supervisor in their conference and talked about my experiences and the type of work they do at BBSI. Interview was pretty low key and casual. Interviewer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a large loss case where you made a difference in the outcome.   Answer Question

Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Concord, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. I really appreciated how comprehensive it was. The further along in the process I went the greater understanding I got as to whether this role and company would be a good fit for me as well as vice versa. Too often I have seen the result of a quick hire. Either the employee is a wrong fit for the company, or the company a poor fit for the employee. At a time when we crave immediate satisfaction, this process may put some people off, but for serious job seekers - BBSI's interview process is great.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer wanted to know if I was comfortable with a strong degree of autonomy in the role. They are seeking professionals who don't require a lot of hand holding, that are comfortable making decisions and taking responsibility, but are also aligned with the company's vision and purpose.   3 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Vancouver, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was 30 minutes late to the interview after I had flown to Vancouver, WA to meet with BBSI. Met me as I was about to leave to talk to me for 15 minutes and confirmed in absolute my conclusion that I had completely wasted my time.

.NET Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services in August 2016.

Interview

Not really sure how their interview process goes. Was scheduled for a initial phone screen but less than two hours before the call was told that it was being cancelled based on the say so of someone at the company. No idea why and no explanation provided. Wonder why if I was qualified before and they set up the interview but something suddenly disqualified me it would have been nice to know what that was. Pretty unprofessional way to handle this as at the very least I would have liked to have spoken with them about the position and why I was suddenly not suitable.

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services.

Interview

I applied online. There was a phone screen with a recruiter and then an in person interview with the branch manager. The in person interview was very informal, the branch manager explained the position and asked a few questions but didn't take any notes or ask any follow up questions. After half an hour he told me he had additional interviews to complete and would get back to me the following week. He followed up with the fact that one of the candidates was bilingual and that was his preference. This was the first time that the language requirement was brought up. I elected not to continue pursuing the position as I didn't meet this requirement. It wasn't a bad experience, but for a company that does HR consulting, I felt the process was lacking.

Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Vancouver, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was surprised I wanted the job. Kept referring to the company with expletives. Tried to warn me from joining the company several times, and intimated I might get stabbed in the back.

After they extended the job offer, they came back with three different tests to demonstrate I knew basic MS Office applications, each time extending my start date. Staffing agency had to argue with interviewer to let me actually start, since they signed the paperwork before getting cold feet.

Telephone Informationalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (Orem, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

They asked me prequalifying questions to see whether or not if I fit the position. They also asked me questions about how would I feel about working on the phone for several hours a day.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked on the phone?   1 Answer

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very unorganized, no structure, strange office culture. Only looking for BDRs who can bring a book of business with them. HR manager was terrible with follow up, not honest, stringing people along and wasting their time. They have been trying to fill the BDR role for 6+ months...that should tell you everything!

Interview Questions

• Really generic BDR questions: How do you study companies? What information would you gather on a company?   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview process was about couple weeks long and very simple. There is no professional and challenging questions. The interview with the BP was not professional at all with too many personal questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions I got from the BP was to explain my effort to help the client.   Answer Question

Payroll Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Barrett Business Services (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very accommodating and friendly. I did multiple phone interviews and met face to face. They were nice and provided background information on the company and what is expected by all employees that are hired in to the company.