Barriques Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Barriques Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Barriques

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barriques in August 2014.

Interview

I originally applied online for a barista but after reading my resume I was asked to interview for a commissary kitchen employee. During the interview I was offered the job in around 10 min. None of my past employers were caked, nor references. That results in a lot of incompetent employees being hired/fired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is definitely in the hands of the interviewee. They lose or fire employees at such a high rate there are never enough people to cover the whole schedule. I literally was offered the job on a fri within 10 mins. They only wanted to know when I could start.

Cafe Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Barriques (Madison, WI) in March 2010.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and got an email to schedule an interview about 3 weeks later. First interview was 1:1 with the GM of the branch with an opening. Interview was very structured with a set list of questions and the standard time for questions at the end. I was able to engage the interviewer after she asked her list of questions and we ended up having a nice conversation. She seemed a little uncomfortable with the interviewing process. But when we started talking like people things were much more comfortable. Pretty standard questions, why should I choose you over the other candidates, what is your approach to customer service, what is your background with beer/coffee/wine, nothing really engaging so you have to make your answers count and incorporate lots of personal info and anecdotes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with beer and wine.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Actually have not got to this stage...

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Barriques (Madison, WI) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online to the barista position and received a call a few days later to meet with the manager. I went in for a casual interview and reviewed my experience as well as background with the manager of the coffee house. She followed up within a few days with a job offer.

Interview Questions

I was offered and had accepted another job prior to hearing back from the manager.