Baruch College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.4

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Panel interview with 4 people. The group was overall a mix of different people in the division that had been at the institution for a series of years. Additionally, the interviewers were about 10 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience with working in an enrollment management function?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Once you received an interview offer, you are asked to schedule a date with the recruiter. The interview location is at school, very convenient. It is a 1 to 1 interview, the atmosphere isn't too formal. You actually don't need to hand over your resume cuz the recruiter already printed it out. Overall, it takes about 25 - 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself;
      Do you know about what are you expected to do in this position;
      What kind of problems did you encounter through your application of Baruch college;
      What kind of advice would you give regarding your experience;
      Are you familiar with Excel about how to manage large amounts of data;
      Ask about resume questions
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through the email address they provided. After a day or so, a staff called to arrange the interview. The interview was about 30 mins. Interviewer described the mission of that department and the opening positions they have. The interviewer asked me why do I want to work there. We talked about my experienced. I asked what's the most challenging part of this internship. The interviewer said, the intern has to learn very fast because there's a lot going on in the campus already. No tricky question. Overall, I would say this interview experience is very positive. Staffs there are nice. I'm still waiting for the result.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It went great. I had a chance to go over all the details and the staff were very friendly. I would highly recommend taking a job at the testing and evaluation office.

College Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied and had one interview. Worked a month after. I was referred so this may not be the same experience for others. I had a great conversation with the interviewer as well.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Received email from the hiring manager with the invitation for interview. Started the interview describing the skills and how I can be useful for the available position. Then talked about the responsibilities, duties and tasks. Some more behavioral questions. Talked about technical skills. Salary mentioned, benefits explanation, vacation and sick leave info and finally offered job.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself other than what you have mentioned in your resume?   Answer Question

Adjunct Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

First, I contacted the director of the department by email. The director then forwarded my request for an adjunct position to the hiring/scheduling manager (another professor) -- and after a few email exchanges and phone calls and in person talk, I was hired relatively easily.

Interview Questions

• Q: How comfortable would you be teaching this material. Would you be ok dealing with large number of students?   Answer Question

Career Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baruch College.

Interview

Three people who worked in the career center interviewed me; all the questions were negative. They tried to get me to respond in a negative manner as well, in the way that they framed the questions. Did not seem to be any interest in what my skills were or what I could contribute. Unprofessional process.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary? Do you think that you deserve a raise?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

fairly easy, you talk about what you have done in the past and why you want this job. They try to gauge if you are a good genuine person. Not crazy. Thats all. It helps if you have a referral. They also may like you but sometimes they don't have funds to hire. So keep interviewing.

Student Aide Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baruch College.

Interview

There was one face to face employee referral usually from people graduating at the end of the semester for the boss / recruiter to see your face.

Then there is one interview about your experiences with IT, the knowledge base of programs offered by the school and the hours of availability. The entire process is really simple and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• i did not feel like there was any difficult questions, it was more just answering the questions posed   Answer Question