Baruch College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Baruch College Interview Questions

Interviews at Baruch College

2.5

Peer Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Baruch College.

Interview

Submitted online application via e-mail answering questions about qualifications and past experiences. Had an in-person meeting with several people. Heard back via phone call. Found out after I got the offer that the job is very competitive and peer advisors are only hired on an as-needed basis (ie. whether current peer advisors leave or not).

Interview Questions

• What do you foresee as the biggest challenge in this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It went great. I had a chance to go over all the details and the staff were very friendly. I would highly recommend taking a job at the testing and evaluation office.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Received email from the hiring manager with the invitation for interview. Started the interview describing the skills and how I can be useful for the available position. Then talked about the responsibilities, duties and tasks. Some more behavioral questions. Talked about technical skills. Salary mentioned, benefits explanation, vacation and sick leave info and finally offered job.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself other than what you have mentioned in your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview went we'll, I met with two people from the department that I would be working with very closely, and they did a great job at describing the position and their needs. They were very upfront about how long this process would take and that there were other candidates and where I fell in that group. I didn't feel at all that they were withholding any information and I felt really comfortable through out the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work for that department and for Baruch   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Its pretty straight forward. Nothing difficult and it really depends on the department. If they ask you if you can start immediately, say Yes. Most CA positions are filled rather quickly because of the high turnover and understaffed departments. Usually you will be either called or contacted via email for an interview. Some departments do phone interviews which are usually 15-20 minutes long. Face to face interviews are as short as 15 minutes and are an hour tops.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self and how your past experience will benefit you in this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating salary. Its unionized so your salary is determined by CUNY, the State, the City and the union. Yes, they all have to get together to determine and agree upon your salary. So expect a low paying hourly salary with minimal hours.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy interview apply through STARR. Take a week for the interview, the interview was easy and you can start the job in next week. The supervisor is nice and easy. They need students for help and here you are.

College Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied and had one interview. Worked a month after. I was referred so this may not be the same experience for others. I had a great conversation with the interviewer as well.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

There are search committees for almost every full time position. The exception is for part-time work. The committees can be though and a lengthy process. Some committee member are not always up to speed on what the actual job entails or the dept. This is understandable since the committees come from different departments around the college.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were reasonable. I didn't feel there were anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baruch College (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very professionally done.

College Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Baruch College in May 2010.

Interview

The usual questions, tell me about yourself...Basically you answer questions about the position, the company, your skills, and what you can offer to the company. I was referred by an employee, so the process was shorter than if you apply online and fill out long applications. The manager was very nice during the interview.