Bastyr University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bastyr University

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bastyr University.

Interview

Interview turned me off from wanting to take position. Was a group interview and lots of negative energy in the room. Prior to starting the interview, they started to engage in gossip about the president that was not positive. This made me think twice about the environment. Also, position was advertised as part time, yet at interview I was asked if I could work full time.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where there was conflict in the work space and how did I handle it   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bastyr University (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Got a screening call from the department manager, and a few days later I received a phone call to come in for a face to face interview. And a few days later another interview with the department that I was supposed to be supporting, but ended up only supporting that department 70% of it. A few days after the second interview I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much asked me about my previous experiences dealing with difficult people   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bastyr University in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed a face to face interview the same week. Initially met with Program Supervisor and Program coordinator to discuss their most important needs for this particular position. They made me very well aware of the challenges and expectations for this job, so no surprises here. Bastyr practices a welcoming culture where people's cultural differences are embraced and respected.

Interview Questions

• What skills/ contributions can you bring to the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation as this was an hourly position.