Bates College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bates College Interview Questions

2.1

Student Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bates College (Lewiston, ME).

Interview

interview didn't take very long. Interviewer was interested in my interpersonal skills, ability to talk well on the phone etc. The interview process was pretty simple.

Assistant Dean of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bates College (Lewiston, ME).

Interview

Interviewing is conducted over a full work day, wherein candidates meet with representatives from admissions, student services, and affirmative action. Bates in most cases may take care of travel accommodations if their coming in from out of state.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Received an email over the summer inviting me to be a TA. There was no interview. I accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotitation

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bates College (Lewiston, ME) in September 2013.

Interview

Brief practical interview with the student manager. Asked questions about my past jobs and how they would help in this role, my personal life (extracurriculars), future goals and how it related to tech, and questions about how I would solve certain computer issues. Also asked how I would solve problems I had never encountered.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a computer screen was black, but the computer was on?   1 Answer

Bass Singer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bates College (Lewiston, ME) in September 2013.

Interview

During a specific date range, I picked the audition time that suited me best. I was told to prepare a chorus and a verse of my favorite song - at the time it was Do I Wanna Know by the Arctic Monkeys. I entered the audition room where all the member of the Crosstones were sitting, ready to assess me. The musical director gave me various musical tasks so as to know my vocal range and my listening ability. I then sang my solo without background accompaniment.

For the callback audition, I was given sheet music for Coldplay's Fix You. I studied the bass part with a bass singer from the Crosstones and other auditioners. For the audition itself, I sang my part with the rest of the group twice. I left the room, and that evening I received a phone call congratulating me.

Chef Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bates College.

Interview

Know your stuff. Sauces, spices, etc. If you don't you might as well be an entry cook

Interview Questions

• I was given a written test   1 Answer

Negotiation

started out reasonable was given a raise later

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bates College (Lewiston, ME).

Interview

Long wait for interview, one interview and then a long wait for offer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewiston, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bates College (Lewiston, ME).

Interview

I was interviewed for about 5 minutes and offered a job. This was before the use of hiring committees.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Data Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bates College in April 2011.

Interview

Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of sussing out data that others missed.   1 Answer

Analysis Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bates College in March 2010.

Interview

a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a