BayCare Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BayCare Health System Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BayCare Health System.

Interview

Applied through Job Board, easy to submit. Called by educator to set up first interview, approximately one week from closure of application. First interview with floors nurse educator assistant and unit charge nurse. They were nice, provided clear description of the program and asked several interview questions. Interview lasted about 30 minutes. Called for second interview about a week later, this is tomorrow. Sorry night shift, all interviews are done during days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a critical care nurse?   1 Answer

Social Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BayCare Health System in April 2017.

Interview

I am currently going through the interview process and came here to get information. I struggled finding anything on this particular position and because of that, I thought it'll be nice of me to share my experience for others applying for the Social Services Specialist I position.

I originally applied for the position on Monday, March 27, 2017. On Thursday, March 30, 2017, I received an email from a recruiter informing me that she would like to schedule a phone screen as part as the first step in the interview process.

Today, April 4, 2017, I had my phone screen at 1:30pm. The questions were very basic. She discussed salary and the next steps if I were to be selected to continue. After the "phone interview," she asked if I was comfortable with the salary and informed me that my information would be passed off to the hiring manager. A few hours later, I received an email asking me to submit my references.

I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed! I really want this position.

By the way, I was told the starting salary is $21.00 for my 5 years of experience and having a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree (A bachelor's degree in some type of social service field is required for this position)
    They also hire for Social Service Specialist II and I'm sure the pay will be higher. The requirement for that position is to have a Masters degree in some type of social service field (i.e, Psychology, Healthcare Administration, Counseling, and etc.) I graduate this June (2017) with my Masters of Science degree in Counseling, so hopefully I'm offered a position now and able to transition later. *Fingers Crossed*

Emergency Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverview, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Riverview, FL).

Interview

Submitted an application and received an email several days later regarding a phone interview. Had my phone interview and was asked to come in for a f2f. Had the f2f interview, which lasted approximately 30 minutes and went very well in my opinion. Was escorted around the ER and given a tour. Was told that I would be contacted in a week and never heard anything again. I called the manager and inquired about my application and was told that I would be contacted the next day regarding yet another interview. Well, nothing ever happened. Why can't companies send out a do not reply email if you haven't been selected? It's very disrespectful to leave someone waiting for an answer and doesn't give people a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a scenario that put me in a high stress situation and how did I handle it.   Answer Question
    • What is an area that I can improve on   Answer Question
    • What would the biggest challenge be in transitioning from my current job to a hospital setting   Answer Question

Advanced Practice Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Tampa, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Communication between HR and myself was poor. Went through interview process only to learn they had extended offers to other candidates before my interview. Dinner was great but overall my experience was poor.

MHT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunedin, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Dunedin, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

MULTI LEVEL INTERVIEW...Step ONE Application Selection Process (This took 2 weeks).Step Two Recruiter Phone Interview (1)(30 Min Interview). Step Three Site Interview(45 Min Interview). Step Four Recruiter Phone Interview (2)(15 Min Interview).

Interview Questions

• If you saw a co-worker yelling at a patient or becoming borderline abusive how would you handle the situation ?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the recruiter the same day. She scheduled an interview with the lab manager the next Monday morning and another phone call with her the afternoon after my interview. The lab manager and supervisor were very nice, and so was the recruiter. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• They gave several scenarios and asked me to rate myself on a scale of 1 to 10   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Clearwater, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

excellent interview, actually thought it went well, i thought i was going to be hired, but never heard back from them, so i guess they chose someone else for the position

Interview Questions

• How long have i been in practice management   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Clearwater, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward. Most of it is over the phone afterwards, you are scheduled to go into the Clearwater, FL office and complete the interview in person with the nurse manager.. I submitted all of my certificates. Completed some paperwork and moved on to the health screening interview.

Interview Questions

• Worst scenario you have encountered.   1 Answer
    • Worst quality about you.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years.   1 Answer

Director of Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied Online.Got an email from HR person-Alison Raab for phone screening. 30 mins call. No email or follow up call. Sent a couple of follow up emails to the HR person requesting status update.No response.
    Here is my 2 cents: Just like you are interviewing the person, the person is interviewing your company too. Its 2 way road. When HR does not respond and let the candidate know of the result(either yay or nay)-it is a reflection on the company and their process and not just that HR person. Courtesy and empathy are two key attributes which obviously this company or the HR lacks.

Registrar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BayCare Health System (Tampa, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager & coordinator. Was told I would hear something in 2 weeks. The next week received call from Team Resources with a few more questions and a job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate offer more than acceptable