Baylor University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.5

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor University (Waco, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a stressful interview. It almost seemed like they wanted to trip me up, rather than actually see what I have to offer. It really made me wonder if working there was going to always be stressful.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor University in February 2017.

Interview

Very nice conversation like interview questions. They inquired about how I responded in certain situations and I answered. They were inquisitive about my knowledge in certain areas so I elaborated on key points.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a move with my family?   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baylor University (Waco, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with two people. The next day I was asked in for a second interview. My second interview had three people and quite a variety of questions. A week later I was asked back for a third interview. For the third interview, I gave a slideshow presentation in a room of about 20 people. I was interviewed by the marketing department, the IT department and the department managers. I went to lunch with three of the people who interviewed me and then took a campus tour with student tour guides. A day after my interview, I got a request for a background and reference check. Once all of my references had been contacted, I received a phone call with an offer.

International Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baylor University (Waco, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It's long and tedious. There are three rounds - phone, Skype and actual interview with a presentation. Don't waste your time applying here if you are not white - very little diversity on this campus, and this department so if you are a person that needs a diverse group of people to be around, you might want to consider another place.

Vets Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Baylor University (Waco, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was to get everything filled out online and then to wait. There was an extremely long wait with no update, There was not any interaction with any department and just a committee. The length of time before notification seemed a little disingenuous but I guess that is the University process. There was a e-mail and a phone call and then it was done.

Student Telecounselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baylor University (Sherman, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I was asked to send in a cover letter and resume, and eventually I got a call back to do a phone interview. Lastly, I video chatted instead of an in-person interview and was offered the job afterward.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a time where you succeeded at something?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baylor University (Waco, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position via the university's online application center. Several weeks later I received a phone call from the human resources department to schedule an interview. A week later I met with the department head and assistant department head for an interview. It's been 2 1/2 months I still haven't heard anything. At this point, I assume they have filled the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? Tell me about your work history. Are you comfortable with reading and creating financial reports? Have you ever directly supervised anyone? What church are you a member of?   Answer Question

Campus Visit Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Baylor University (Waco, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Multiple interviews:
    -Group: First round of interviews
    -individual: final round of interviews
    -intensive training: includes three parts that lasted roughly two to three months

Overall a very simple interview process, just know the basics about Baylor and why you feel you should represent the university to potential students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Visit Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Baylor University (Waco, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Very personal and hypothetical. One on one interview with the bosses and wanted to get to know me as a person and also wanted to see how I get along with people

Interview Questions

• If a mother came in very mad about a rescheduled tour, how would you handle it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baylor University.

Interview

The interview process was brief and laid back. I had an enjoyable, professional experience with the Admissions Office. The hiring team is warm and friendly and made me feel very comfortable