Beazley Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Beazley Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Beazley Group

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Beazley Group (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got a call from an agency. Went to interview a few weeks later. Waited another two weeks to hear that they went with someone in house. Got a call 8 months later. Wanted to interview for another position. Got the job, then told they couldn't hire me because an intern had seniority. Got a call 3 months later, offered another position. Interviews a third time and they declined. Another month later they called again to tell me I got the job.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Beazley Group (New York, NY).

Interview

spoke to recruiter; then to phone conference with some one for the company, still not really sure of his role there; went in for interview with 2 people..who looked like they could care less about meeting with me; they were nice though...they didnt really ask many questions, more asked me to describe my previous jobs and responsibilities. They didnt really explain the job duties of the position..just more of a general idea of what the "team" does. When I asked certain questions about benefits and other things like that, they really didnt know the answer to any of them. Apparently one of the guys I was suppose to meet with was unavailable and the other guy (phone conference guy) was also unavailable and he was someone who could have answered more questions about benefits ect.

Hopefully I receive a call back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you did at your previous positions   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Beazley Group.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter. Had a phone interview, then a group interview with managers & peers. Waited nearly 3 weeks to hear back from them. Gave me an offer $1,000 less than what I currently make & tried to sell me on the benefits (which weren't as good as my current company's) & potential opportunities (key word potential). They seemed slightly horrified I felt their offer was terrible. Was disappointed - wanted the job but the compensation was poor.

Interview Questions

• Use 1 word to describe yourself. What are your greatest strengths & weaknesses?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview, less than 30 minutes. The recruiter was nice and started off the conversion by introducing the positions available. First questions were meant to grasp an understanding of your insurance background and then moved to more behavioral questions.

IT Head Interview

Interview

Was required to meet with a number of people from the UK over video conference

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Beazley Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screening by a recruiter. Was invited to an office interview/assessment center and was not told any details ahead of time. First day consisted of a brief presentation by the selection committee, followed by reading and mathematical online tests, an hour long 1:1 interview, and a happy hour. The second day consisted of a panel Q&A session with senior underwriters, individual case study, group presentation, and sales pitch. I left the interview days not knowing anything more about the position or what they were looking for, and was no longer excited about the company because the process was so extensive and exhausting. I was not at all upset when I did not receive an offer. However, I did appreciate that they called me to give in-depth feedback about my performance for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• The actual interview was the easiest part of the process - it was structured and behavioral but nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Beazley Group in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then phone interview, and then invitation to graduate assessment, which consisted of different types of testing and interviews. Overall, I really enjoyed meeting everyone. They were all very open and courteous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Beazley Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

There's a phone screen interview that asks basic interview questions, mainly "name a time" things. After passing that, I was invited to attend an assessment center in ATL, which they will fly you out to if you're not around there. The first day was about 3 hours of assessments. The next day was from 8:30 - 6:30 with a few breaks. There was a wide range of assessments, from a case study presentation to role playing with a broker.
    Upon finishing, a few weeks later they followed up. I didn't get an offer, but they gave pretty detailed feedback on my strengths and "areas for improvement."
    Overall, it was incredibly thorough, but a really good learning experience. I would not mind at all working for Beazley and wish it panned out!

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Beazley Group.

Interview

I thought it was going great... I felt confident about my abilities and I was very pleased with the length of time we spent talking about my experiences and if I could be a good fit for the company. Then I get a call later on that they did not want to move forward with another interview. This really bugs me why make the interviewee feel like their foot was in the door then deceive them . It makes you feel discourage and refuse to continue to look for work. Very misleading. But I will continue looking and the same companies that told me no another will say yes ..

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Beazley Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online the process took about 2 weeks. First I was contacted via phone by a recruiter and asked some questions about my interest in insurance and Beazley. After the initial screening I was interviewed at the office. The one-on-one interview was behavioral and lasted approximately 45 minutes to an hour. The recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer from the company, but they were great at getting back to me and letting me know, which most companies are not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with an individual who negatively impacted the team.   Answer Question