Bell Nursery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bell Nursery Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.1

Garden Center Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Nursery.

Interview

I applied online through an Indeed ad and on the companies website. I got a voicemail 3 days later from the company wanting to interview me. So, I called them back, left a voicemail, and it has been 2 weeks now and I've never heard back from the company.

Seasonal Merch Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Nursery.

Interview

One short phone call and then a second long phone call, about forty-five minutes. Wanted to make sure I knew what the position was about. Asked to meet in person to see if I was a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was your major, what do people with that major do   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bell Nursery (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

My interview was not exactly private because there was no where to really go, they happen to be at home depot and the depot doesn't have a space vendors can go to when they need to. The interviewer was very down to earth and honest. I liked the interview, it made me feel very comfortable after being out of the work force for over a year that isn't easy. :)

Interview Questions

• Would you mind getting dirty?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would have a first interview and then a second. The interviewer decided I would not need a second but hired me on the spot.

Seasonal Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Nursery.

Interview

They ask you normal interview questions at the Home Depot you are going to work at.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Nursery (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process is thorough. Initial phone interview quickly followed by a in-person interview with local management including Area Manager, District Manager and Regional Manager. They do NOT portray an accurate picture of expectations. The advertisement indicates full-time hours. Full time hours are only for a few weeks in April & May. Before and after these 8 weeks your hours can fluctuate between 10 hours (all on Saturday & Sunday) and 20 for the remainder of the season.

Interview Questions

• They gave you scenarios and you had to answer what you would do if that happened at your store.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was zero negotiation on hourly wage. In fact the 2013 wages have decreased from $9.50 to only $8 per hour while expectations are even higher for 2013. Accepted position because I enjoy the Home Depot associates and management. I do not plan to return 2014

Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Norriton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bell Nursery (West Norriton, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

phone interview basic questions about management and taking time off was I ok with the salary

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dispute between Home Depot and Bells Nursery?   1 Answer

Seasonal Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bell Nursery (Newark, DE) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewer was 3 hours late. Interview took 10 mins. Need a good driving record.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Told I'd get $13/hour. Given $12/hour

Store Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bell Nursery (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Very simple standard questions such as work history, hours availability. Not really clear on all responsibility. Have to apply on line so will need access to computer. Some back ground questions. No drug tests required. Company is looking for people who can work independently. Did take awhile for all paper work to clear H.R.

Mid Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bell Nursery (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2010.

Interview

3 interviews

Interview Questions

• Can I work any day on a moments notice.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary notnegotiable