Bellevue University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bellevue University Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.4

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue University in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen by HR, once identified as qualified and a potential fit for the team/hiring manager, the hiring manager (HM) then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview took approximately 1 hr. The phone interview was very thorough, because the HM noted that the job description was not all inclusive and it was important that I understand what the job really entailed. I have to admit, the job title and description was misleading. The role is basically half recruitment/outreach & half admissions. It would have been better if the title was Transfer Liaison or something that described working with student transfers and being a liaison between the a community college, the community and the university. Since "Manager" was in the title I expected the pay to be higher. I also did not get from the description that I would be doing the enrollment process with the students I recruited. I was also asked to take a personality assessment.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with conducting presentations at all levels (students, organizations, executives, etc.,) to include in person, radio, tv, and videos?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue University (Victorville, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR the same day. We scheduled a phone interview to be done within a week. After the phone interview with HR, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later. The hiring manager stated he would select three individuals as finalists for the final in person interview which would include him as well as the president of the community college. The in person interview consisted of a 10 minute long power point that I had to developed based off the information that I had via the school's website.

After the interview I was told that a selection would be made within a few days and I would hear back. Almost a month went by and I was the one that had to make contact regarding the position. At the end, I was not selected yet I was offered to have another final interview at a different community college that was further away from me. I declined this offer mainly because my lack of experience of the area, the long commute through Los Angeles traffic as well as the lack of communication through the interview process.

My experience overall was neutral. HR as well as the hiring manager were both extremely professional, very knowledgeable and helpful through the process. However, the lack of communication and the offer to a different college that I had no interest in left a sour taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How would I relay the situation, to a student, of a marketed new degree program that would suddenly have to be cancelled because of lack of enrollment?

Tell me about the experience at your previous three employers.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue University (Bellevue, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

Disorganized and lacking in meaningful discussion of critical issues unless raised by the interviewee. It is difficult to say much more because these people have no idea how to do hiring interviews.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue University (Bellevue, NE).

Interview

Basic, met with HR and a few that I would work with, basic questions asked. Did get to ask a lot of questions to learn about what would be expected. Should have asked more about culture and support.

Office Assistance Interview

Interview

I was asked my previous working experiences and just talk with my supervisor, then she started to ask when I can begin to work. I was surprised and confirmed with her that if I was hired. Usually this position is hired in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

working schedule

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue University.

Interview

Several interviews in the screening process. Able to meet several leaders in the university which helped determine the best fit in both skills and personality.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based interviews that tested skills at all levels.   Answer Question

Can't Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bellevue University (Bellevue, NE) in March 2011.

Interview

Not well organized

Interview Questions

• They wanted a business plan   1 Answer

Management in disarray and school is having problems

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bellevue University in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with Dean of College. Lasted approximately 30-45 minutes. Interviewer was very professional and asked behavioral based questions. Was also very knowledgeable about actual class I would be teaching. Very honest about the time commitments required weekly for position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick. If the University is interested in you, the communication and turn around time will be fast.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bellevue University (Bellevue, NE) in October 2009.

Interview

The Bellevue University receptionst emailed/called me to set up an interview. We determined a date/time.
    I showed up for the interview, but needed to wait to meet with the interviewer as they were on a business call.
    Instead of interviewing for the Sr. Business Analyst position, I ended up interviewing for the Manager of Business Analyst positions. I was not as prepared for a management interview. The interviewer asked general "how would you handle X" if you were a manager type questions.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had to fire someone   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bellevue University in December 2009.

Interview

Met with department Director and discussed the job opportunity. After two meetings, he presented my resume to the assistant Vice President and Executive Vice President. After 3 weeks, I was invited in for an interview. I met with both VPs, spending an hour with each of them. Another two weeks passed and the Director called and said I was about to receive a job offer. The offer came the next day. My initial impression of the group was that it was loosely managed, that people were left to do their own thing as long as they achieved their goals. The offices were dowdy; no office supplies were available so I brought my own. Some people were very friendly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. I would ask more questions regarding development and/or promotional opportunities.