Ben E. Keith Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.4

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith (Shreveport, LA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later received a call about an interview. Came in to a friendly office and talked to the hiring manager. Ha gave me the full lay out off the job good and bad. We had a great question and answer session. After that he offered me the job, pending my drug test and physical and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why was I changing jobs?   1 Answer
    • What did I know about Ben E Keith?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We both had found what we wanted in a worker and in the job offered. It was little negotiation it was all laid on the table for both of us.

Driver Check In Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

I went in for the first and went by really good. Was called back for the second interview. I thought it went really well again. It was during the second interview that I was told about the salary. The person interviewing me said that they both liked me but you choose a different person but would like to keep my application on file in case something comes up.

Interview Questions

• If I went out to your car right now what would I find?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith.

Interview

They set you up with a tour. Then 3 to 4 mangers interview you at once at a long table . You get 2 papers to keep and review. One is insurance benefits. The other one is pay rate and description of position. If your applying for the food department make sure to take a jacket or sweater for the cold and freezer department. Plus dress for the position. If warehouse make sure to wear steal toe boots and nice slacks. Look comfortable and not nervous. Make sure if they ask the group who has experience? Raise your hand. If they ask what kind of experience? Tell them but make sure you do know what you're talking about. The people there, most have been there for more than 15 years. So don't even try to bs them. They will be able to tell. Also be prepared for a equipment test. Like for an electric pallet jack or forklift. Also be open to whatever position just to get your foot in the door. They move you around and promote within. Good luck. I went for my drug test and physical. Hoping to start very soon.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself? Why do you want to work with Ben E Keith? Are you open to any shift? Tell them about your past experience? Why do you want to leave the company your at?   Answer Question

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith (North Little Rock, AR) in September 2015.

Interview

Very into the person they interview to determine they are the right fit.. Tries the employee out on forklift to see if he/she can ride. Give walk through of warehouse. Talk to you about different stages of growth.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? What do you want out of the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

12.00-17.00

Driver Assistant Interview

Interview

I met with Wayne Simmons and spoke with him for about 30 minutes about the expectations for the job. He tried to intimidate me talking about the long hours I would have to endure and the heat of the Texas Summer. The heat was no joke.

Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith.

Interview

Called to check on status of application, Asked to come in next day for interview, interviewed by Supervisor and Training Supervisor. Phone Call two days later to take drug test and physical, three day orientation out of town.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be persistent!

Shop Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Missouri City, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith (Missouri City, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

professional, straight forward, great attitude.
    we came to a conclusion to what I can accomplish at ben e keith,
    I got many questions of what can I do and perform. I did starters the basics such starter, alternator, water pumps, def issues with emission EPA 10.
    electrical circuits and PMs.

Interview Questions

• what can you bring to us that we can consider you a great candidate for the position?   1 Answer

Store Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith (Denton, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

You have to get a TABC license, go through normal drug test, as well as a small fitness test. Afterward you must sit through some videos teaching about workplace safety.

Interview Questions

• How would you diffuse a confrontation with an angry manager.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

driving test phone interview drug screen physical fitness test then safety test
    easy stuff to do
    if you know somebody that works there it is a lot easier to get the ball rolling

Negotiation

they pay you what they pay you there is not any negotiating

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ben E. Keith (Tulsa, OK) in July 2011.

Interview

You fill out an online application. I would recommend trying to get in touch with someone to let them know you've applied so your application doesn't get lost in the mix. Once someone contacts you, you'll set up an interview time. If the interview goes well, you'll be scheduled for a drug screening and physical. Once hired orientation is held at your hiring branch's location and usually lasts 3-5 days.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with starting your route very early in the morning?   Answer Question