Bentley's Pet Stuff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Bentley's Pet Stuff

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bentley's Pet Stuff

Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bentley's Pet Stuff (New Berlin, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview, but the management has changed since then. I interviewed with a very sweet lady that is no longer manager, and the new district manager cared nothing about his workers. He talked down to me as if I was new to retail and the pet business (when I have 3 years experience) and was extremely rude to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the pet industry?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Interview

Very Friendly and comfortable, knowing background on the company is a plus. There were traditional interview questions and also a lot of focus on pet nutrition and well being. The interviewer was concerned with how I felt about taking care of my pets and their nutrition.

Interview Questions

• ?Tell me about a time you made a difference in a customer's life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bentley's Pet Stuff (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

It was pleasant, comfortable, and they asked thoughtful yet pointed questions. It was obvious they didnt just want a warm body to fill a space behind the counter.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you went above and beyond to help a customer achieve success in their needs   Answer Question
    • Share your passion for animals with me.   Answer Question

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bentley's Pet Stuff (Long Grove, IL).

Interview

Very strange contact and not at all what I expected for an HR director. All lower case text in email. Never picked up phone when I was told to call. Never returned messages. I had higher hopes for someone in a director position if even a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• I received an email that stated "nice looking resumes. Do you have time for a timed assessment?"   1 Answer
    • Second email (with attached assessment)- "please complete asap"   2 Answers
    • 3 days later....."please call me so we can talk"   1 Answer

Floater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bentley's Pet Stuff (Denver, CO) in April 2018.

Interview

Sat down and asked what I knew about some of the brands they carried and what I knew about the industry. They were particular on how much you knew about nutrition and see if you actually knew how to sell stuff

Interview Questions

• Have you seen Pet Fooled? What are your thoughts on Purina? How do you feel about raw feeding? What vet do you see? what kind of vet do you see? have you done retail before? are you okay with working on the weekends?   Answer Question