Berea College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Berea College Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.4

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Berea College.

Interview

You are automatically assigned to a labor position when you are accepted to school. You can after 1 semester or a year switch labor positions. You apply for and get a new position by simply talking to the supervisor in the area you wish to work.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions if any simply ask what experience you have or why you think you could do the job well. As you don't turn in a resume, the interview takes the place of a resume.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There was not a big interview process. To become a TA you have to demonstrate that you can excel academically and are willing to help your peers. The position for becoming TA has to be open and it largely varies between different programs. Usually you will have to be nominated by your professor.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berea, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berea College (Berea, KY) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was brief and straight to the point. It took one day. I interviewed with my supervisor, he was very nice and friendly. He asked me to start the next day once I finished the interview.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berea, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Berea College (Berea, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

The decision process was based on past experience and interests, and an initial meeting with the faculty. A resume was required, and was also used during the initial application to the college. After this was submitted, a campus visit was arranged and the faculty/staff of the appropriate program met with applicants and instructed them in the duties and the tasks that some of their positions would require, and asked additional questions about applicants' interests and skills.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the Technology and Applied Design department, and why do you think you would be successful here?   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Berea College.

Interview

I was looking for a job, filled out the sheet and e-mailed it. -I was recommended.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berea, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Berea College (Berea, KY) in June 2011.

Interview

I was in dire need of obtaining a job to support my pregnant wife in the summer of 2011, I went into the Berea labor office and asked if they were hiring, and by chance, they were. There were 8 people being considered for the job, but I was selected as the person to do the job due to my extreme level of awesome.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do in the future?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

CELTS Student Labor Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berea, KY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Berea College (Berea, KY) in April 2008.

Interview

CELTS is service oriented so you have to be prepared to describe you interest in service and the prior experience you've had before college that will relevant to your work at CELTS. Overall they want to see that you are really interested in service and that you have research that particular program you want to work for.